Texas Capital Bank is built to help businesses and their leaders. Our depth of knowledge and expertise allows us to bring the best of the big banks at a scale that makes sense for our clients, with highly experienced bankers who truly invest in people’s success — today and tomorrow.
While we are rooted in core financial products, we are differentiated by our approach. Our bankers are seasoned financial experts who possess deep experience across a multitude of industries. Equally important, they bring commitment — investing the time and resources to understand our clients’ immediate needs, identify market opportunities and meet long-term objectives. At Texas Capital Bank, we do more than build business success. We build long lasting relationships.
Headquartered in Dallas with offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Richardson, Plano and San Antonio, Texas Capital Bank was recently named the #1 most trusted bank in the country on Newsweek’s inaugural list of America’s Most Trusted Companies. For more information about joining our team, please visit us at www.texascapitalbank.com.
- Review legal contracts and documents, including treasury department forms and documentation
- Prepare for and participate in bank-level committees, as appropriate
- Plan and execute special projects on behalf of the Legal Department, such as fraud reviews, risk analysis, compliance assessments, human resources studies, etc.
- Partner with all lines of business and which will assist in crafting appropriate policies, procedures, job aids, risk analysis, etc., to support proper risk management of the bank
- Assist in review, management, and development litigation matters
- Draft, negotiate, and manage third party contracts in a manner that comports with regulatory guidance and optimizes strategic results
- Develop standards, templates, and processes for third party contracts, outside counsel, and other third-party relationships
- Manage the bank’s corporate legal entities and legal structure
- Assist with transactional and other Legal Department projects as needed
- Assist in maintaining and updating the bank’s standard loan documentation among other bank forms
- Efficiently manage outside counsel and reduce legal spend
- Perform legal analysis for the bank’s investment committees, including analyzing and assisting with underwriting, syndication, including or participation in investments in leveraged loans and securities as well as negotiating and documenting direct financing transactions
- Manage other in-house counsel as appropriate
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school; admitted to the State Bar of Texas and eligible to practice in-house in Texas
- Minimum of 15 years legal experience in financial transaction and related matters to help take on, handle, and manage in-house financial transactions
- Experience in representing lenders in all types of financial transactions, including loan and indenture documentation, transaction structures, subordination and intercreditor matters
- Knowledgeable and experienced with issues under the UCC and bankruptcy laws, debt workouts and restructurings, and investment fund documentation and structures
- Knowledgeable about laws and regulations applicable to financial institutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team player
- Self-starter and resourceful
- Demonstrated clarity in written and spoken expression
- Organizational skills and attention to detail required to handle diverse and concurrent assignments in fast paced environment
- Must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time in an office environment