Spectrum has an opportunity for a civilian Medical Receptionist/Concierge at the Family Health Center Dumfries, VA. We provide out-patient clinic services for enlisted and retired military personnel in association with Ft. Belvoir Community Hospital.
This position assists patients by providing customer service and a variety of receptionist and other clerical duties in support of patient care and treatment.
- Greets patients upon entering the facility. Assists with directions and information including the location of departments within the clinic.
- Assist with opening doors and ensuring properly functioning handicap doors within the assigned area. Offers wheelchairs when needed.
- Utilizes best practices and procedures for handling patient inquiries and requests to provide proactive and immediate support.
- Shall have working knowledge of all necessary points of contact to problem solve and satisfy customer expectations. Will be able to address/relay patient concerns to appropriate department heads.
- Assists patients with enrolling in secure messaging.
- Assists patients with using Kiosk.
- Assists patients with enrolling and using Script Center
The job qualifications for this position are as follows:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- One year related experience as an administrative technician, in medical environment, using full range of equipment used in medical office environment.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Must possess strong attributes of customer relations and “people skills” (e.g., courteous, attentive listener, patient, strong communications skills).
- Must possess a positive attitude and certain degree of creativity and latitude in handling difficult situations.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.