With over six inpatient locations, and additional facilities spread throughout, NYU Langone Health is New York Citys premier healthcare institution. Our world-class facilities service all five boroughs and treat a full range of medical conditions in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Our growing outpatient network allows us to deliver our exceptional medical services directly to the communities we serve. Plus, our doctors and nurses are routinely voted as some of the best in the nation. Its no wonder why the name NYU Langone Health has become synonymous with excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement:
To protect the safety of our patients, staff, and the community at large effective August 16, 2021 NYU Langone Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all faculty, staff, voluntary attending physicians, Howard Hughes Medical Institute employees, non-compensated faculty, students, clinical or academic observers, and volunteers, unless granted an approved exemption (in New York State, only medical exemptions shall be considered).
Join NYU Langone Healths growing Talent Community your source for job openings, news, events, and more.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Operational Analyst.
In this role, the successful candidatereports to the Manager, Professional Billing Operations the Analyst will be responsible for coordinating quality assurance procedures, monitoring revenue cycle function performance and the Analyst will develop project plans, gather/analyze data, monitor billing metrics, address system/error work queues and facilitate meetings working closely with vendors, Central Billing Office leadership (CBO and medical center IT teams.
The ideal candidate has a comprehensive understanding of professional billing revenue cycle workflows, possess strong project management skills and is capable of timely change management and excellent oral and written communication.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Assist with special projects.
- Actively participate in team meetings and workflow development sessions.
- Collaborate with CBO, FGP, vendors and internal IT teams to facilitate process improvement.
- Ensure that the activities of employees are conducted in a manner that is consistent with overall department protocol, and are in compliance with Federal, State, and payer regulations, guidelines, and requirements.
- Reviews and benchmarks results to industry standards and both internal and external teams. Document current workflows, system processes, and maintain project plans, trackers and change control documentation.
- Perform analysis to identify problems with denials, coding, reimbursement, and other aspects of the revenue cycle and implement changes in conjunction with leadership.
- Prepare other analytical reports to identify opportunities for revenue enhancement and predictive analytics.
- Track and report employee performance to established standards.
- Perform audits on work related to standard operating procedures for key revenue cycle functions.
- Review and understand workflows and standard operating procedures related to revenue cycle functions including (but not limited to) authorizations, coding, correspondence, claims, accounts receivable, and credits.
To qualify you must have a Associates Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business, Healthcare Administration or other related field required or equivalent experience.
Requires 3+ years in a billing office or healthcare setting.
Knowledge of practice management and revenue cycle.
Strong conceptual and analytical abilities with the ability to identify issues and opportunities and be able to solve problems.
Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent listening skills.
Ability to conceptualize workflow, develop plans and implement appropriate actions.
Ability to multi-task and coordinate competing priorities.
Experience with healthcare finance, operations, medical reimbursement and managed care contracts preferred.