Atlantic Health System is currently seeking a Per Diem Security Officer I for Chilton Medical Center to work varied shifts and weekends as needed.
- Maintains shift accountability for Security Command Center operations
- Monitors CCTV, duress alarms, emergency phones, fire alarms, and all, other alarm systems including documentation in the Security Log Book
- Conducts hazard surveillance tours, and takes appropriate action
- Establishes and maintains effective communication
- Completes and submits reports as required
- Advises other officers, supervisors, and other shifts of pertinent information in a timely manner
- Assists with the promotion of fire safety, participates in fire drills, responds appropriately to all fire alarms
- Assist with the promotion of infant security. Demonstrates required knowledge of infant security training, tests infant security system, and demonstrates competency with system
- Responds appropriately to all internal/ external emergency codes and special events
- Responds and controls pedestrian and vehicular traffic as necessary
- Administrative duties as necessary
- Logs personal property and provides safekeeping of said property
- Conducts package inspections
- Proficiency in the use of security technology as available, such as IMC, AHECN and telecom duties
- Proficient in the DECON tent procedure
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Minimum Education Required:
- High School diploma/GED
- College preferred
Minimum Experience Required:
- 1 full year of Security, Law Enforcement, Military experience or Criminal Justice courses.
- Experience as a security officer, law enforcement or military.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Able to lift 100 lbs.
- Able to stand for 4 hours or more.
- Proficient in Microsoft office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook computer skills.
- Previous Security or Criminal Justice training preferred.
- Available for recall within a short notice.
- NJ SORA Certification and/or Retired Law Enforcement preferred.
- Strong customer service, communication skills, and proficient computer skills are imperative
- SORA, BLS, CPR, AED Certification and First Aid training highly preferred
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 14th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families, and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.