Build What Matters
Recognized locally and nationally as a top workplace, at Lee Company our mission is to create a workplace where all employees can thrive professionally and personally.
We take the time to invest in our employees, so they can build what matters most to them: a career they love, financial security, a healthy life, a sense of belonging, or a way to give back to the community.
If you want competitive pay and benefits, plus an opportunity to realize your dreams and reach your full potential, join our winning team and start building what matters to you.
Check out our careers page: http://www.leecompany.com/careers/
Summary of Job:To increase profitable sales for the Construction and Special Projects Department using outbound sales prospecting and networking, with a focus on identified contractors and to promote the organization and assist in selling other client services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
- Identify, pursue and secure new business relationships with contractors through both individual and group focused initiatives
- Build profitable business relationships with potential repeat customers by regular documented contact and customer service excellence
- Respond to leads, perform client visits, initiate phone calls, emails and/or attendance at local trade organization meetings to generate the opportunity for face to face product presentations
- Use presentations to introduce targeted contractors to the organization and the Construction and Special Projects Team capabilities
- Identify all existing or upcoming sales opportunities
- Follow all opportunities through to the closing of the sale, which will include networking, contacting and presenting to all other parties involved in the project
- Maintain all customer and project notes within the CRM system
- Discuss potential projects with the owners / general contractors, etc.
- Utilize and supervise the designated Inside Account Representative to assist in the preparation of project estimates, define scopes and present sales proposals
- Successfully transition project after close of sale to the Engineering Department and the Project Manager
- Work with engineering and construction to identify potential problem situations and assist with positive resolutions
- Initiate and increase personal product knowledge and sales skills through regular training and individual consultation.
- Must be able to handle stress and job demands.
- Must be able to cooperatively work with others.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelors degree in Business preferred
- Minimum 4 years experience in technical/construction sales
- Previous HVAC and plumbing installation management experience preferred
- Exhibited extensive background in sales prospecting and account development
- A working familiarity and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and ability to be trained in use of the Company-specific applications and software
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer service excellence focus
- Ability to convey information effectively with a positive, energetic approach
- Strong verbal and writing skills, with proven ability to be articulate and communicate complex ideas
- Ability to respond appropriately to inquiries or complaints
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to change priorities quickly and often
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Exhibited ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team
- Good computer skills
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical activities described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Individuals may need to ride or drive in a vehicle for 2 or more hours at a time depending on position.
Individuals working at an outside job site may be exposed to varying temperatures including very hot (above 90 degrees F) or very cold (below 32 degrees F) and all weather conditions.
Individuals may be exposed to: cramped work spaces, contaminants, extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
Performing this job requires frequent use of hands to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Must be able to sit, talk, hear, and stand frequently throughout the day. Must be able to climb, reach above shoulder height, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl frequently. The position occasionally may require lifting heavy objects (up to 75 pounds) and performing strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
Individuals may occasionally be exposed to hazardous conditions, high places and /or hazardous equipment. May work with or around chemicals that require knowledge of a safety data sheet.
Individuals in an office-based position will encounter ambient room temperatures, fluorescent lighting, and will be expected to operate traditional office equipment as found in any typical office environment. Individuals may need to sit at a desk or table for long periods of time. An office worker may also be expected to spend long hours in front of a computer screen. A person in this position can be expected to reach over shoulder heights; crouch or stoop below the waist; experience repetitive wrist, hand, or finger movement; occasionally lift up to 25 pounds depending on the position.
Lee Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, or family and medical leave.