**Eligible for a $4000 Sign-On Bonus**
**Wages starting at $23.88-$25.67/hour, plus $1 Shift Differential**
**3 Weeks of PTO**
**6% annual bonus based on yearly earnings that includes overtime pay**
Shipping/Receiving Team Lead- Swing Shift
We are currently recruiting for a Shipping/Receiving Team Lead to join the Benchmade Knife Company team. The Shipping/Receiving Team Lead is responsible for the daily shipments of product; Ordering all needed supplies; Conducting cycle count, verifying counts of incoming and outgoing materials, receiving purchase orders, distributing product and paperwork to required departments/work centers, resolving discrepancies, and providing training Assists in the hiring, orientation, training, scheduling evaluation of performance and recommendations for advance of staff.
- Oversee receiving and other warehouse processes and personnel to make sure work meets quality standards and is performed according to established procedures.
- Coordinates/plans/changes process flows when necessary to maximize space, timeliness and ergonomics
- Maintains and logs updates on shipping requirements for specific customers
- Orders supplies for all areas of the department; boxes, tape, poly bags, UPS materials
- Does a complete inventory on a regular basis; researching any overages or losses monthly
- Packs, consolidates and coordinates shipments of product and accessories for Trade shows to ensure timely delivery; including calling for pickups for LTL loads and set up for return shipments.
- Establishes the guidelines for training and orientation for new personnel
- Continues to source other/better shipping carriers and methods
- Monitors department expenses and prepares reports for management
- Determines ship dates for all Trade show product and accessories based on their warehouse specifications and times
- Some travel may be required (Trade shows)
- Initiates priorities for shipments on a regular basis; coordinates work flow
- Resolves shipment issues in question, including necessary claims
- Maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Researches inventory monthly adjustments for possible changes in procedures, if needed
- Operate lift trucks, pallet jacks, and other equipment to safely move parts to proper locations
- Maintains material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections; making operator repairs.
- Distributes product and paperwork to the required departments and work centers
- Maintains inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock; recording location of inventory.
- Verifies counts of outgoing materials for sub-contractor operations.
- Work with accounting/purchasing to fix receiving errors
- Trains members of shipping team to ensure maximum flexibility and redundancy
- Generates and maintains reports for weekly and quarterly meetings
- Support the on-going reporting of key performance metrics
- Participate in improvement projects to continuously raise performance within the function
- Some college course work completed, and 5-6 years of warehouse/shipping experience is required. Equivalency to the qualification standard will also be considered.
- Demonstrated experience applying Lean Tools and Continuous Improvement methodologies in a shipping environment
- Commitment to Coaching/Mentoring shipping/receiving team members
- Experience with international shipping
- Experience shipping to “Big Box” customers
- Knowledge of UPS/Fedex packaging and labeling system
- Forklift certification preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and the ability to work under time deadlines
- Positive working attitude; ability to keep calm in frustrating circumstances
- Able to effectively communicate across functions
Benchmade offer our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Cash profit sharing and performance incentives
- Medical including Prescriptions and Vision
- Dental including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-term Disability
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401K with company match
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Pay for time off, including holiday, bonus holidays, vacation, sick, bereavement and jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Outstanding employee discounts on Benchmade products and other partner companies
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted development planning and learning opportunities
- Employee and family events throughout the year
- Most importantly, Benchmade provides a fun, family oriented and entrepreneurial work environment
This is an exciting time to be part of a company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, complete an application today. Please include a resume and cover letter with your online application.
Benchmade Knife Company values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act