Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to create memories for our residents!
We are not limited by our job title. We are one team united by our passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the stage in your career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to create your own lasting impression. Lifespace Communities would like to introduce the opportunity to become a Receptionist at Newcastle Place 12600 N Port Washington Road Mequon, WI 53092 The Receptionist is responsible for answering and transferring incoming calls in a courteous and professional manner, giving information, direction and other assistance to residents, guests and team members. The Receptionist greets those entering the community, validates and communicates the nature of their visit, and completes a variety of administrative assignments.
A few other details about the role:
- Greet and assist all residents, guests and team members in a courteous and professional manner. Ensure visitors sign in; validate nature of their visit and notify resident and team member of the visitor. Provide for high levels of resident engagement.
- Answer phones and other communication devices promptly and transfer messages to the appropriate party. Handle inquiries and release information in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Perform minor financial transactions associated with selling of stamps, community food certificates, fax and/or photo copying. Transactions processed using a Point-of-Sale system.
- Notify residents, guests, and team members of severe weather via paging system and/or phone calls.
- Receive and ensure distribution of mail and other deliveries to the appropriate person or department.
- Perform administrative tasks for supervisor, residents and guests as requested.
- Maintain and update all informational communication channels for residents.
- Perform set up and close down procedures of receptionist/front entry area.
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company policies and procedures.
- Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living Lifespace , person directed care and successful aging philosophies and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion, dedication, team work and quality.
- Team member will support, actively participate and act in accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service pillars of Living Lifespace.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and meetings.
- None required. Must have the ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- No experience required. A willingness to learn is needed.
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors and team members.
- Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft office software and other office equipment.
Lifespace Communities headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is one of the nation's largest senior living provider of non-profit retirement communities. The organization has annual revenue of over $340 million and employs over 3,800 team members. Lifespace Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help create exceptional, financially sound communities where people could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves over 5,100 residents. The Lifespace Communities are as follows:
- Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, Florida
- Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, Florida
- Beacon Hill - Lombard, Illinois
- Claridge Court - Prairie Village, Kansas
- Edgemere - Dallas, Texas
- Friendship Village Of Bloomington - Bloomington, Minnesota
- Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Claire, Pennsylvania
- Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, Florida
- New Castle - Mequon, Wisconsin
- Oak Trace - Downers Grove, Illinois
- Querencia at Barton Creek - Austin, Texas
- The Stayton - Fort Worth, Texas
- Village On The Green - Longwood, Florida
- The Waterford - Juno Beach, Florida