As the ServiceNow Developer, you will contribute to the IT Applications team focus on establishing and maintaining a high level of client trust and confidence in Information Technology knowledge of and concern for clients’ business issues. You will be engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. ServiceNow Developer’s primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code). In addition, ServiceNow Developer’s participate in design meetings and consult with business clients (Corporate and Operating Units) to refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs, and interact and sometimes direct third-party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives. ServiceNow Developer have and apply maturing knowledge of the business, its products, and or processes and may participate in all phases of software development lifecycle. ServiceNow Developer’s work with limited guidance on moderately complex work assignments and problem resolution.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Applies advanced knowledge of standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques. Is expected to maintain leading edge knowledge in primary professional/technical discipline.
- Requires minimal direction, with heavy responsibility for final results – limited only by company principals and budgets. Identifies and pursues opportunities for innovation within discipline or business area. Acts as a change agent on matters that affect teams or work groups. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (team lead). Provides informal guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Promotes an environment within and across departments in which diversity of ideas, opinions and backgrounds is respected and valued.
- Work effectively on projects that may cross departments. Act as a primary technical resource on projects.
- Provide outstanding customer service and a positive support experience by interfacing directly with clients on issues, communicating in a clear, concise manner
- Interaction with numerous teams and individuals to gain acceptance of a concept, plan, or project through use of appropriate interpersonal styles, leadership, and communications.
- Participates in complex projects, changes, and updates respective to the operational delivery model.
- Assist in the development of reporting to address management requirements to obtain information.
- Provide support on projects as necessary to meet IT goals and objectives.
- Evaluates & recommends automation opportunities.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent (e.g. MIS, Math, Electrical Engineering, etc.) or 6+ years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within ITIL Processes, Configuration Management, or Software Development in a cloud-based product organization
- 5+ years ServiceNow experience administering the platform, monitoring performance, deploying applications, building out catalog items/workflows, and configuring integrations
- 5+ years’ experience writing and debugging Angular, HTML, and CSS
- 3+ years’ experience with REST API development
- Working knowledge how configuration management factors into the ITIL framework
- Previous working experience with ServiceNow CMDB
- Knowledge of relational database concepts
- Experience with ServiceNow Discovery
- Experience with IT Asset Management and ServiceNow Software Asset Management module
- Passion for software development and problem solving
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills
- Expertise in UI technologies such as HTML, CSS, DOM, JSON, XML, SOAP, REST, Ajax, JQuery, ReactJS, Redux, AngularJS and Web Components
- Application performance in mind with every line of code you write.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Must be able to quickly grasp concepts and leverage predefined methods for maintaining control to include the ability to analyze complex issues and provide innovative and timely solutions.
- Must drive for continuous improvement, communicate those changes and implement those changes across the IT environment.
- Must be a self-motivated team player with a demonstrated high level of technical expertise and business acumen.
- Solid working knowledge of current IT technologies across a wide variety of areas
- Can conform to shifting priorities in company requirements, product demands, and purchasing timelines through analytical capabilities.
- Adept at conducting research into product- and service-related issues.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Customer service skills are critical.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and comply with company policies and procedures.
- Must maintain current knowledge of industry trends and potential impact on the support business.
- Must demonstrate leadership to the team and is a self-starter able to work independently while supporting the needs of the team
- Have a positive attitude.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- ITIL Foundation – Required
Licenses / Certifications:
- ITIL Foundations Certification Required
- Certified ServiecNow Administrator Required
- Certified ServiceNow Developer Required
Travels: Minimal, as needed
Percent of time: Less than 15% to assist subsidiaries in solution deployments
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Language Skills: English - Advanced level required.
Mathematical Skills: Intermediate level required.
Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Advanced level required.
Computer Skills: Advanced level of knowledge
- Customer service oriented and proactive in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of available IT resources.
- Communicates effectively and efficiently with technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of organization; utilizes appropriate communication channels for given situations.
- Acts professionally and tactfully at all times and in all situations; maintains a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Produces high quality work results with a sense of urgency while maintaining a high level of focus on detail, exactness and completeness.
- Builds leveraging relationships & teamwork environment with clients, peers and other IT teams that facilitate knowledge and information sharing; contribute to team’s body of knowledge; being recognized as a dependable member of team and a source of positive energy and attitude for clients and team.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and develops alternative solutions.
- Verbal Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and edits work for spelling and grammar. Presents data effectively and can read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures and supports organization's goals. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals and adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions and supports and explains reasoning for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities with a focus on using time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner and reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards and completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures. Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions and responds to management direction. Keeps commitments.