Overseen by the Clinic Program Management, The Prescriber (PA/NPP) is responsible for evaluating the psychiatric needs of individuals, assist with the development of an Individual’s Treatment Plan and to prescribe and oversee the medication regimen of individuals receiving clinical services with the program. The prescriber will refer individuals for appropriate services as needed. The prescriber will ensure that there is a team effort to provide overall high quality mental health services and work closely with all team members. The Prescriber will be expected to see up to 4 clients per hour depending on the nature of the visit.
Essential Job Functions
- Assess and diagnose individuals as needed
- Prescribe, monitor and adjust medications for individuals receiving clinical services.
- Oversee caseload of individuals (caseload based on authorized weekly hours)
- Utilize electronic medical record to complete required documentation as required by regulation and within mandated time frames.
- Provide clinical oversight of medical decision making, referrals and prognosis.
- Respond to and address emergent situations outside of normal working hours if required.
- Work as part of interdisciplinary team to ensure appropriate and timely referrals are made for the individuals supported.
- Participate in internal and external committees, groups and stakeholder meetings as needed.
- Effectively communicate and support the organization’s mission, vision and values
- Adhere to the organizations Code of Ethics
- Complete all required trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- State Licensed and Board Certified (if applicable)
- 1 year experience working with mental health population (inclusive of prescribing and monitoring of psychiatric medications) with some generalist/primary care experience
- No convictions for crimes that preclude a person from working with members of a vulnerable population
- License actively registered and current with the Office of Professions
- Active NPI with Medicaid and Medicare privileges
- Active DEA Registration
- Valid and current Driver’s License