As a patient-focused organization, University of Utah Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health seeks staff that are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission. EO/AA
The position is responsible for creating the Starbucks Beverage experience working in a high volume, fast paced unit serving professional clientele. This position is not responsible for providing patient care.
Corporate Overview: The University of Utah is a Level 1 Trauma Center and is nationally ranked and recognized for our academic research, quality standards and overall patient experience. Our four hospitals and seventeen clinics provide excellence in our comprehensive services, medical advancement, and overall patient outcomes. 51101
- Submit your application online at employment.utah.edu
- Upload most recent up dated resume with work history and experience.
- We offer a new competitive hourly pay rate and our New Hire $750.00 Sign on bonus! Hurry and apply today!
- 10:00 pm-6:30 am
- Serves as a representative of both the organization and Starbucks Corporation, providing the best beverage experience possible.
- Ensures that beverages are made to Starbucks standards and recipes, and according to the customer's request.
- Processes cash, credit card payments or phone pay and gives accurate change, as necessary.
- Adheres to strict guidelines for product date tagging, rotating, and cleaning of work area.
- Appropriately displays and sells bottled beverages, sandwiches and snacks.
- Restocks and cleans work area.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined above.
- Ability to certify as a Starbucks Barista in the allotted training time and demonstrate to the trainer proper writing and calling back of drinks to the customer.
- Demonstrated basic math and cash register skills.
- Demonstrated communication and human relations skills.
- Ability to appropriately handle issues associated with the operation including customer service, cash handling, and stocking of supplies, with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to perform and/or coordinate the activities of others to ensure proper functioning when operating under conditions of staff shortages.
- This is an entry level position.
- Current Food Handlers work permit within one month of hire.
- Successful completion of Barista training within one month of hire.
- One of the following
- Current Food Protection Manager certification, accredited by ANSI.
- Current Utah Food Handler Permit.
* Additional license requirements as determined by the hiring department.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without an accommodation.
- This position involves intermediate working conditions in a healthcare setting that may exert up to 50 pounds and may consistently require lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise moving patients or objects, such as medical equipment, while providing patient care. This position may be subject to chemical and equipment hazards and is standing and walking for sustained periods of time. We are University of Utah Health. healthcare.utah.edu
Carrying, Climbing, Color Determination, Crawling, Far Vision, Lifting, Listening, Manual Dexterity, Near Vision, Pulling and/or Pushing, Reaching, Speaking, Standing, Stooping and Crouching, Tasting or Smelling, Walking