In an ever-changing and complex world, security concerns are paramount. Enhanced security requires education, training and specialized skills. Constellis provides end-to-end risk management and comprehensive security solutions to safeguard people and infrastructure globally. Our team of strategic problem solvers has a steadfast moral compass and unwavering dedication to creating a safer world. Constellis is committed to the success of our customers and partners.
The Fleet Maintenance Technician III performs inspections, services, repairs and general maintenance of township owned fleet vehicles and equipment.
- Perform skilled repair and maintenance on a variety of gasoline and diesel-powered vehicles and equipment such as waste management vehicles, street sweepers, gasoline and diesel automobiles and trucks, lawn equipment, heavy equipment and dump trucks
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions to all systems
- Repair and maintain hydraulic systems
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance on a variety of vehicles and equipment
- Check and replace fluids, check and repair lights as well as all other electrical systems
- Diagnose and replace exhaust, suspension, and chassis components
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Perform all paperwork in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned by the Shop Supervisor and Project Manager
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Vocational or trade tech certification in Diesel or Automotive Mechanics or 2 years of automotive or diesel repair experience
- Must possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License
- Must be eligible to obtain at least a Class B CDL license in New Jersey
- The following 9 ASE Certifications are preferred but not required; Engine Repair (Automobile Tests), Manual Drive Train and Axles (Automobile Tests), Suspension and Steering (Automobile Tests), Brakes (Automobile Tests), Auto Maintenance and Light Repair (General Service Test), Drive Train (Medium/Heavy Trucks), Brakes (Medium/Heavy Trucks), Suspension and Steering (Medium/Heavy Trucks) and Preventative Maintenance and Inspections (Medium/Heavy Trucks)
- Must have own tools and toolbox
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Must be available to work extended overtime during snow events when the customer requires maintenance support
Constellis protects critical priorities safely and efficiently around the world. Operating globally and based in the Washington D.C. area, our employees bring unparalleled dedication and passion for creating a safer world and upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity. As a leading global provider of risk management, security, humanitarian, training and operational support services to government and commercial customers worldwide, Constellis' forward-thinking solutions include a range of synergistic services, including background investigations, social intelligence tools, advanced training, logistics and life support, UAV and K9 services, and crisis response mitigation. At Constellis, our number one priority is to secure success for our customers. For more information, visit www.constellis.com
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy service center/maintenance garage environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by established Company Safety Standards. Normal work hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may also be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 100 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday. Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.