Are you a natural storyteller who loves working with people? Willamette Valley Vineyards is looking for individuals to represent our brand at local events and tastings around Salem, Oregon. As a Demo Ambassador,you will generate excitement, customer engagement, brand awareness, and increased product sales through conducting wine tasting Demos in a variety of stores, special events, and retail outlets as assigned. This is a part-time position, with advanced scheduling based on availability.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Executes assigned demos, roadshows & offsite events.
- Physically prepares, maintains, and cleans the demonstration area (including setting up and breaking down the demonstration).
- Engages customers in a professional and memorable manner which generates enthusiasm for the brand and helps create a positive shopper experience. Educates the consumer about the products, offers samples, creates brand awareness, and drives product sales.
- Collects contacts of wine enthusiasts interested in continued engagement with the winery.
- Requests product samples for tastings & manages sample and supply inventory, completing regular reconciliations and addressing discrepancies.
- Electronically completes and turns in Demo Tasting Forms and Price & Stack Surveys.
- Supports Companys effort to create a more sustainable, cross-cultural and green environment.
- A valid/current OLCC Servers Permit and Food Handlers Card.
- A current Drivers License and a clean/good driving record, or reliable means of transportation.
- Smartphone, tablet or reliable computer access.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills.
Must be able to:
- Lift 40lbs and navigate stairs & hilly terrain. Bend, reach, turn, twist and otherwise maneuver.
- Stand for long periods of time and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Work weekends and evenings as pre-arranged with a supervisor.
- Communicate verbally through active-listening skills and gather accurate insights into human behavior.
- Complete online forms, have basic computer or smartphone skills to enter and locate information.
- Work independently as a self-starter, but also a team player.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions appropriately.
- Comply with all state liquor laws, regulations, procedures, and safety protocols.
- 21 years of age or older.
- Able to engage with customers.
- Willing to learn the history and stories of Willamette Valley Vineyards to educate customers and support brand growth.
- Dependable, flexible, and adaptable.
- Genuine interest in the luxury wine business and terminology.
- Preparation, organization, and punctuality for events are a must.
- Positive energy, well-organized, outgoing, charismatic, confident, and fun!
- Take ownership and pride in our brand and community.
- Ability to educate customers about wine with passion, not pretension. Able to communicate
- that passion when educating, demonstrating, and selling to customers.
Willamette Valley Vineyards is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Founded in 1983 by Oregon native Jim Bernau with the dream of creating world-class Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley Vineyards has grown from a bold idea into one of the region's leading wineries, earning the title One of America's Great Pinot Noir Producers from Wine Enthusiast Magazine.