NSPIRE Healthcare Miami Lakes
Personal Care Attendant - Personal Care Assistant - Patient Care Technician
Paid Training. No experience necessary.
Looking to serve others? Interested in earning extra cash and helping those most in need? We are hiring those eager to offer a helpful hand.
Personal Care Attendants (PCAs - Non Certified) will work under supervision of the Nurse Manager and partner with Certified Nurse Assistants (CNAs) to provide routine direct nursing care to assigned residents/patients, following successful completion of a paid online 8-hour training course. During this on-the-job training period, we will work with the Personal Care Attendant to further improve and expand his/her patient care skills.
- Provide direct care in accordance with treatment plans as directed by the Nurse Manager.
- Treat all residents and patients fairly, with kindness, dignity and respect.
- Answer resident call lights to address specific needs.
- Assist with general activities of daily living and accompany residents to various activities and functions.
- Aide in development of resident treatment plans and complete required care documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate proper infection control practices/policies.
- Perform housekeeping tasks to maintain a clean and safe environment for residents.
- Facilitate social visits to room-bound residents via FaceTime, Phone or Skype.
- Assist ONLY in two person transfers or lifting with certified or licensed personnel.
- Report any injuries of an unknown source, including skin
- Deliver all medications found in the resident’s room/possession to the Clinical
- Report any hazardous conditions and equipment to the Nurse Manager immediately.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
Completion of the 8-hour course and following clinical skills checklist allows testing to become a Certified Nurse Assistant – that comes with a pay increase!
Personal Care Attendants are encouraged to seek a career as a Certified Nursing Assistant.