Central Market is a specialty grocery that started in Austin, Texas in 1994, and has grown to multiple locations across the state. What makes Central Market one of the freshest markets in the country - Try a sumptuous selection of everything edible, for starters. We go straight to the source to bring you the finest food and drink the world has to offer. With hundreds of cheeses, thousands of wines, acres of produce, and aisles of experts, Central Market is a foodie’s wonderland. Our commitment beyond the plate is another reason we’re a cut above. We believe food is a way of uniting families and communities, of preserving cultures, and of starting new traditions. Each of our stores is a market in the truest sense and is a place to exchange goods, services, and ideas for those really into food.
Summary/Responsibilities of this position:
Central Market is seeking a Production Representative with availability to include days, evenings, and weekends to handle the freshest, quality of ingredients.
Assignments will vary dependent on Department in Store.
Duties of this position include:
- Include mixing, shaping, baking, wrapping and stocking of products
- Ensures quality control of all product before sending to sales floor
- Maintains sanitation in the department
- Maintains organization of back storage, freezer, walk-in and production area
- Reads and executes daily production list
- Provides customer service as required such as answering questions, taking orders on the phone
- Assists in monitoring the quality of goods and monitors shrink
- Orders and receives products and supplies
- Maintains transfer records
- Preps, wraps, prices, sells, and stocks products continuously
- Demos, or prepares customer samples for self-serve
- Provides superlative customers service
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to maximize sales
- Experience with commercial production preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Lift and carry moderate to heavy loads (minimum of 50 lbs.) Bend, reach, push, and pull.
- Ability to work overnight and flexible schedules (days, evenings, weekends, and holidays)
- Knowledge and preparation of baking goods preferred.
- Values diversity
CM FT Worth Prepared Food Prd - Production Rep - Part-Time