Do you have an interest in marketing strategy and possess a natural talent for sales campaign coordination and logistics? This position is a key member of our sales team, working with Lamar account executives and customers to build innovative outdoor advertising campaigns that deliver results. Our Lamar office in Topeka, Kansas is now hiring a new sales team member to help us bring effective outdoor advertising campaigns to life for brands in Topeka, KS and the surrounding areas.
Lamar Advertising is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in the world. Lamar offers advertisers a variety of advertising formats, helping both local businesses and national brands stand out from the competition. We live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. We have been in business over 100 years, and we have stayed true to our mission and values. While Lamar is a large company, each office has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel connected both locally and nationally.
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these videos:
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation & benefits package for all full-time employees. Some of our benefit offerings include, but are not limited to, multiple medical plan options, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation/sick time, 401K plan, and incentivized wellness programs.
The hourly range for this position is $17- $19 / hour, and we provide performance bonuses as well!
The purpose of the Sales & Campaign Coordinator is to perform all sales administrative functions occurring both before and after the contract phase of the sales cycle. This includes: prospecting new customers leads for the sales team, preparing sales presentations and proposals, and coordinating the execution of advertising campaigns sold by the sales team. In addition, there may be other tasks assigned by Account Executives, Sales Manager, and/or General Managers.
Prior to Contract Phase:
- Prospecting new customers leads for the sales team.
- Prepares sales presentations and proposals.
- Provides product, promotion, and pricing information by clarifying customer request; selecting appropriate information; forwarding information; answering questions.
- Coordinates and enters requests for charting or assists with the charting function
- Coordinates and enters request for conceptual (sample) art for the AEs.
- Maintains customer database or CRM by inputting customer profile and updates; preparing and distributing reports.
- Tracks sales expenses by tracking, consolidating, analyzing, and summarizing expenses; forwarding for reimbursement.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Coordinating and monitor the ongoing activities and internal communications related to advertising campaigns to ensure on-time and contractual campaign execution while delivering excellent customer service.
- Informing Account Executives and customers about the current status of advertising campaigns.
- Coordinating, managing, reviewing campaign progress and delivering the customer installation and proof of performance information.
- Coordinate and/or obtain approval from the client on artwork
- Coordinate and communicate panel locations in to be determined situations.
- Resolves problems during campaign by investigating; identifying solutions; notifying AEs, managers and customers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements:
- Work requires an excellent command of the English language.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Gmail applications
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to timely and accurately enter and compile data
- Energy, enthusiasm, and the ability to meet deadlines
- High level of organizational skills, and excellent attention to detail.
- Creativity, initiative combined with commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of common public relations practices
- Strong written (Email) and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with a systematic approach to detail-oriented work
- Comfortable working in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work independently and act on own initiative
- Problem solving
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 2 years of related experience, preferably in sales, marketing, or administrative roles
- Experience in data management and Gmail preferred
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The primary work environment is an office.
- The specific physical demands/requirements of the job include: lifting less than 25% of the time, reading, color distinction, acuity, sitting greater than 50% of the time, and talking.
- The typical percentage of time spent traveling and spending nights away from home is less than 10%.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification:When applying for a job with Lamar, you will be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a disability. Please take a moment to watch this video for clarification on why we're asking for this information!
California Residents - Lamar collects personal information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants. This information may include, for example, name, address, phone number and other contact information, employment history and reference contact information, and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. By submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration for employment by Lamar. Lamar will not sell this information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)