If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what youre searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserves position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
At Flowserve, working on global infrastructure projects is just another day at the office but it takes the brains and imagination of our more than 19,000 employees to get the job done right. If the solution exists, well find it. If it doesnt, well create it. Experience, leadership and creativity are the tools we use to turn an idea into a solution.
Together, we enable the world.
The Project Engineer is responsible for providing pump repair quotations and delivery of accurate and complete work scopes / orders to customers in a fast passed environment. The equipment repaired at Flowserve pump repair shops support our customers in diverse industries such as oil & gas, chemical, pharmaceutical, municipal water/wastewater, and power. The Project Engineer will serve as the primary interface between the Customer Service teams and the operations. In addition to providing quotes, the Project Engineer is also responsible for creating shop routers and work instructions in support of our aftermarket opportunities. The position reports to the Sub-Regional Customer Service Manager and will be located on-site at the Rancho Dominguez facility.
Preferred Experience / Skills: Core Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in engineering, Mechanical Engineering preferred. An equivalent of education and experience will be considered.
- Some of experience in rotating or fixed equipment and/or equipment packages is preferred.
- Experience in equipment repair processes and procedures within a manufacturing environment
- General understanding of how documents, materials, parts flow through the manufacturing environment.
- Strong drive to make things happen and a strong can do attitude
- Experience operating in an ERP system is a plus
Skills and Capabilities
- Proficient at contract review documentation and make sure it reflects what has been negotiated and ensure successful execution throughout the project lifecycle.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills with the ability to speak and communicate effectively with various audiences at the site level. Capacity to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors and managers at multiple levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to meet both company and customer expectations on orders
- Ability to understand and interpret key financial metrics on orders
- Demonstrated experience reviewing, interpreting, and communicating contractual Ts & Cs and technical specifications
- Comfortable leading internal and external project meetings (order hand off, kick off meetings, design review meetings, etc.)
- Self-motivated with a desire to meet and exceed Customer Experience expectations
- A process-oriented mindset, and a demonstrated ability to analyze processes and to provide suggestions for improvement.
- A personal style that is achievement-oriented and collaborative, with the ability to coach others and discuss problems in a way that gets results, promotes teamwork, and builds relationships
- Computer savvy, and a skilled user of Microsoft Office programs with knowledge of Microsoft Projects.
- Highly organized with the ability to achieve objectives with minimal direction.
- Capable of quickly establishing credibility, influencing constituencies, and persuading professionals at all levels.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and changing work environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, in addition to interpersonal, teamwork skills
- Strong drive to make things happen and a strong can do attitude
- Demonstrate a desire for personal growth and career development
Responsibilities & Requirements: Roles & Responsibilities:
- Estimate and quote rotating equipment repairs
- Confirms customer P.O. matches quoted work scope, price, and delivery
- Ensures quote compliance to customer technical specifications and any commercial agreements in place
- Create step-by-step detailed manufacturing routers, including labor hours and outside vendor activity pricing, for repairing, reworking, upgrading, and assembling pump components which comply with industry standards, customer requirements, and Flowserve internal specifications
- Load routers in repair organization business software (AMP)
- Develop As-Found Reports for customers, detailing the condition of the equipment and the required scope of work to create repair plan
- Actively participates in kickoff meetings, hand off meetings, and phase gate meetings to coalesce strategies into actions. Identifies stakeholders and analyzes their expectations.
- Evaluate disassembly and inspection findings to generate repair and upgrade work instructions, and ensure SME (Subject Matter Experts) and customer input are used to generate accurate quotations
- Interpreting technical drawings, industry standards, OEM specifications, and manufacturing processes to solve reliability issues.
- Determining cost effectiveness of repair options compared to replacement component pricing.
- Provide sub-suppliers with technical specifications and, when applicable, have had specific contract requirements passed down to them as appropriate
- Coordinating with multiple internal and external stakeholders to develop priced end-user quotations which align with customer expectations.
- Maintain a positive customer experience throughout the quotation and technical review cycle
- Assists the project team understand the as-quoted scope of supply
Primary Posting Location: Rancho Dominguez, California US
Job Advertising Title: Project Engineer
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 56410BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.
id="detrack" defer src="https://d2e48ltfsb5exy.cloudfront.net/p/t.js?i=0,1" data-g="48A2F1038A6B417D87172CC3838E6480425">