The Payroll Specialist will oversee and process the payroll functions of the organization, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.
About Feeders Pet Supply
At Feeders Pet Supply, our mission is quite simple: to provide pets with the top-grade care we would want for our own animal friends. From the best nutrition to special treats and all the little necessities, we have everything you need to keep your pet happy and healthy. With multiple conveniently located stores across a few states and same-day delivery with online orders, we strive to make pet parenting easier.
Our team of professional animal lovers is dedicated to providing excellent customer service to those with two legs, four legs, more legs, or no legs. We ensure that our staff works in a safe and fun environment with opportunities to advance.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing and accounting systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Prepares new-employee files.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll accounting software, systems, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- High degree of accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with payroll software.
Education and Experience:
- At least three to five years of related experience is required.
- Associate degree preferred but not necessary.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.