At Stratton, we are a team of people who work extremely hard and take our jobs very seriously, without forgetting how to laugh and have fun. We choose people that display the talent and attitude that exemplify the high level of service our guests expect and deserve. Our vision is to beA BOLD MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY CULTIVATING EXTRAORDINARY EXPERIENCES.
BESIDES GETTING PAID TO WORK AT AN INCREDIBLE RESORT, WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Stratton's team members are rewarded with job experience, opportunities for career advancement and some great lifestyle perks for our year round team members including:
- Discounted golf, mountain bike and fitness center memberships
- Free scenic gondola & lift access for you and your dependents
- Discounted child care and camps for dependents
- Retail and food and beverage discounts
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid sick time
- Opportunity to pair summer & winter positions to create a year round role at Stratton
- Employee Housing available!
The Golf Teaching Professional is responsible for providing lessons and instructions, coordinates with the Golf Services Manager to provide first class service for our guest. This includes meeting or exceeding our established standards for guest satisfaction, sales, and financial performance. This position pays $45,000-55,000/year.
- Able to effectively teach all phases of the game, from beginning to advance players.
- Consistently exceed guest/member satisfaction. At times it may be necessary to quickly respond to and resolve challenges from guests.
- Ensure superior standards of service always meet the requirements of our guests and are constantly being improved upon. This may mean being creative in seeking new ways to get things done.
- Manage and assist in all tournaments and league operations.
- Responsible for the growth and financial success of the lesson portion of the business, creatively develop programming for group and private lessons.
- Maintain effective communication between all staff members regarding course operations. Communicating the core values and mission of Stratton is vital to the achievement of Company goals.
- Golf Teaching Pro is to be viewed as the expert in the store regarding equipment sales, associates are to be able to turn to the Pro for guidance in sales.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High School Diploma required. BA, degree preferred; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
5 + years experience as a Golf Professional working on a golf course, driving range, retail shop or golf related service business.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Expert knowledge of game and associated retail products and equipment
- Previous management and golf operations experience
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- Proven effective leadership of a diverse team
- Strong business acumen
- Innovative problem solver
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills including all Microsoft Office programs
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS - N/A
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The primary physical environment in which this position works is out of doors with a high exposure level to rain, bugs, sun, heat, cold, lightning, etc...
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is high. Often lifting a weight of 20 pounds throughout the day is common.
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer