At Houston Methodist, the Environmental Services Representative position maintains environmental and infection control standards within established policies and procedures. This position performs a variety of general cleaning tasks in assigned areas to provide a safe and attractive environment for patients, guests, and staff in accordance with department standards.
PATIENT AGE GROUP(S) AND POPULATION(S) SERVED
Refer to departmental "Scope of Service" and "Provision of Care" plans, as applicable, for description of primary age groups and populations served by this job for the respective HM entity.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
- Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
- INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
- COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
- RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
- Focuses on patient/customer safety
- Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
- Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
- Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
- Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports byenabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 20%
- Interacts in a positive, professional manner with patients, family and staff. (EF)
- Actively participates in meetings, huddles and with other team members using positive communication. (EF)
- Promotes a positive work environment and contributes to a dynamic, team focused work unit to achieve optimal results. (EF)
- Responds promptly and positively to requests for assistance with directions and information from patients, staff and visitors. (EF)
- Promptly responds to all assignments to create an environment that is conducive for healing. (EF)
- Performs efficient room cleaning processes ensuring timely patient admissions. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 30%
- Follows department process for room cleaning and discharge inspections, as appropriate, with the goal of meeting or exceeding HCAHPS cleanliness scores. (EF)
- Achieves discharge, daily room cleaning and assigned area turn-around times, as appropriate. (EF)
- During discharge activity, tracks, logs, and notifies appropriate management of safety and repair needs for equipment. (EF)
- Follows policies, procedures, and safety rules. Observes standard infection control precautions and complies with OSHA standards. (EF)
- Communicates and documents any facility or patient related issues to management, as appropriate. Correct minor safety hazards. (EF)
FINANCE - 10%
- Appropriately uses and stores chemicals, paper goods, supplies, and equipment utilized during a shift. (EF)
- Manages time effectively and prioritize department daily tasks, minimizing incidental overtime. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
- Assumes responsibility for growth and development. Participates in continuing education and in-service programs. (EF)
- Contributes ideas towards improving the efficiency and effectiveness of department processes. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- High School diploma or equivalent education (examples include: GED, verification of homeschool equivalency, partial or full completion of post-secondary education, etc.) preferred
- One year of experience preferred
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- US Department Of Transportation Hazardous Materials Certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
- Demonstrates the ability to access information both in the department and within the hospital system to support the department as appropriate
- Multi-task oriented, ability to complete work within designated time frames
- Ability to accurately and efficiently perform duties with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate efficient and safe use of housekeeping equipment and chemicals
|Other (dept approved)||Yes|
|On-Call*||No (for Non-Exempt or Exempt jobs)|
*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (ie. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above.
|May require travel within||No|
|Houston Metropolitan area|
|May require travel outside||No|
|of Houston Metropolitan area|
**Travel specifications may vary by department.
Please note any other special considerations to this job: Hospital-issued scrubs in OR environment as appropriate
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation's leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of eight hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center, and seven community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes an academic institute, a comprehensive residency program, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free-standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 25,000 employees. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
In 2019 Houston Methodist and its physicians treated more than 6,333 international patients from more than 76 countries. Houston Methodist Global Health Care Services' consulting and education divisions also provide advisory services and training and development to health care organizations around the world.