MEDIKO is a privately-owned, correctional healthcare provider headquartered in Richmond, VA. We proudly provide compassionate, comprehensive medical and mental health services to the underserved population in correctional facilities. At MEDIKO, our people are our most important resource and this position will support our rapid growth.
We are looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join a diverse team who bring knowledge and skills from a variety of backgrounds. Our RN's have autonomy when caring for patients and use strong assessment skills to quickly identify risk factors and provide quality patient care in a correctional setting.
What You'll Do:
Our Registered Nurses (RN) support and assist with patient care for the residents in the facility.
- Lead and coordinate the shift's activities of facility nursing and support staff.
- Ensure adherence to federal, state, and local regulations and guidelines, Mediko and facility policies and accepted nursing protocols and procedures.
- Coordinate the services with other patient care units/areas and provide nursing services and patient care as appropriate.
- Monitors all off-site referrals and provide case management services.
- Prepares, monitors and coordinates the daily patient care activities of the unit to ensure all physician orders are implemented and all patient encounters are documented
- Completion of an accredited nursing program - RN
- Active state/commonwealth RN license
- Current CPR/BLS certification
- Criminal background check, Security Clearance and Drug Screening
- Benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance for you and your family
- Employer-paid Life insurance policy/AD&D, long-term disability and short-term disability
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance Plan
- CEUs paid for by MEDIKO
- Generous paid time off including 10 Holidays
- Participation in the MEDIKO retirement plan
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Assistance Program
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required
- Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures.
- Knowledge of specific day-to-day needs of patients within the unit.
- Knowledge of accreditation and certification requirements and standards.
- Skill in patient assessment and nursing care.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to provide professional guidance, instruction and leadership to nursing and related patient care staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Organizing and coordinating skills
Education and Experience Requirements
- Current state license as a Licensed Practical Nurse/Registered Nurse
- Baccalaureate degree preferred
- Current CPR certification
- One year experience as a registered nurse preferred
- Other relevant professional experiences or educational backgrounds will be considered as deemed appropriate. However, when licensure is required by local, state, federal or contractual guidelines, we will not alter our position on those requirements.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work is performed in a clinical setting.
- Work environment involves exposure to conditions such as fumes, noxious odors, dust, mists and gases; contagious or infectious diseases or hazardous chemicals and potentially dangerous situations that may require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift 15-25 pounds at times.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 18 years or older
- Background check
- Drug screening
- Medical license/certification: CPR Certification
- Medical license/certification: RN
- 1+ year of experience in the healthcare industry