Sage Hospitality Group is set to hire a Director of Sales & Marketing for the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown. Located in the heart of the re-energized Midtown neighborhood, Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel parallels the excitement of this vibrant community. Feel the energy from the moment you arrive in our newly re-imagined lobby. Nearby attractions within walking distance of our hotel, including the Atlanta Aquarium, Georgia Tech, Mercedes-Benz Stadium, State Farm Arena, Piedmont Park and Fox Theatre. Beautiful meeting space to host incredible weddings, social events and business gatherings with over 18,000 square feet that pushes the limits on a traditional hotel experience. Midtown Atlanta is a community at the intersection of life and business, urban and nature, and technology and culture. One of the top urban districts in the Southeast, Midtown Atlanta is at the epicenter of trendy local shopping, destination-worthy dining, world-class museums, and Atlanta’s largest concentration of parks and green space. The city’s heart of the arts, Midtown Atlanta boasts an array of local eateries, bakeries, coffee shops, and bars. Home to Rowdy Tiger Whiskey Bar & Kitchen and the Rowdy Tiger Rooftop, enjoy instant access to Southern-inspired classics and one of the largest whiskey collections in Atlanta during your stay at our hotel in Midtown Atlanta!
As part of Sage Hospitality Group, we passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We believe in enriching lives one experience at a time. More than a slogan, we empower our employees to make positive impacts on the communities in which we live and work. By providing genuine service we build relationships with our guests and value for our shareholders, and we create unforgettable experiences.
We are looking for independent thinkers. Those who harness their entrepreneurial spirit so that it breaks preconceived notions. We’re not afraid to forge our own path. After all, it’s what industry leaders do. That’s why we welcome risk takers and creative spirits alike. No matter your daily role, Sage recognizes that your success is about more than the work you do—it’s really about who you are, which is why we invest in your personal and professional growth. We hope you consider joining us!
Meets and exceeds revenue goals by developing new accounts and growing current hotel accounts in a profitable and win-win selling approach.
- Achieves a minimum of 90% of productivity goals and 100% of activity goals, as established by management for the individual as well as team.
- Leads direct reports in a manner that achieves the properties sales goals and holds them accountable to their essential duties and responsibilities.
- Direct Sales: Targets appointment-oriented sales calls for the team to ensure a successful direct sales program, in accordance with goals established by department budget and marketing plan. Must have own reliable transportation and posses a valid state driver's license in order to make sales calls.
- Key Account Management: Maximizes current hotel key accounts by identifying and capturing those that offer revenue growth.
- New Account Development: Captures competitor's accounts through networking, research and reader board surveys in order to ensure the sales department targets and solicits those most probable to generate new business.
- Plans and implements an on-going Targeted Account Development "hit list" in order to create new revenue and acquire valuable hotel contacts, and contracts.
- Plan and implement ecommerce and internet marketing strategies.
- Promote the story of the brand and the hotel in the market, with the goal of increasing overall profitability of the property.
- Adjust the sales plan according to changes in business and marketing trends, aggressively pursue the market mix and type of group and transient business that will best achieve the success of the hotel and support the selling philosophy, meet or exceed the budgeted goals in sales, profit and occupancy for the total hotel operation.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of the competition, demonstrate a working knowledge of all hotel operation, and maintain an awareness and application of current state of the art sales techniques and practices.
- Continually targets and prospects for new business through telemarketing, individual creativity and innovation.
- Yield Management: Utilizes yield management techniques by profitably negotiating room rates and function space commitments in order to enhance the hotel's financial performance.
- Account Service and Management: Maintains well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system in order to service client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Develops strong customer relations through frequent communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Develops customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system, including trace dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues.
- Promptly follows-up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Product Knowledge: Conducts research, surveys, personal investigation and studies market place and territory in order to effectively capitalize on the hotel's strengths and competitor's weaknesses and capabilities.
- Time Management: Focuses on revenue-producing activity and maximizes selling time by dedicating a minimum 90% work time on direct sales efforts.
- Professionalism: Controls expenses including travel on the property's behalf in order to minimize hotel costs.
- Represents themselves, the hotel and Sage Hospitality Resources, Inc. with the highest level of integrity, professionalism, a service-focused approach and a caring, sincere attitude at all times.
- Exhibits a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel departments and maintains open communications with all co-workers for the best overall performance of the hotel.
- Display a neat, clean and business-like appearance at all times.
College diploma preferred
4+ years of hotel sales management experience
- 3-5 years sales management experience
- Requires knowledge of general sales techniques, yield management, and customer service skills.
- Ability to Travel
- Requires the ability to hear, speak, read and write English fluently.
- Requires 12th grade level mathematics, spelling and reading skills.
- Requires effective business writing skills.
- Vision to read fine print and computer screens, to see colors, to observe rooms in poorly lit conditions
- Understand and follow verbal/written instructions.
- Be able to work on more than one task at a time.
- Develop strong internal and customer relations.
- Set and manage priorities and plan activities in advance.
- Adhere to deadlines.
- Solve Problems and make sound business decisions.
- Understand and follow verbal/written instructions. Work on more than one task at a time. Develop strong internal and customer relationships. Set and manage priorities and plan activities in advance. Solve problems and make sound business decisions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting 85%, Walking 5%, Standing 5%, bending, kneeling, lifting, climbing 5%
- Must have dexterity/mobility to meet clients on and off premises, to tour property and attend functions, to climb stairs, and operate basic office equipment.
Office environment, weather exposure when making sales calls
Medical, dental, & vision insurance
401(k) with Employer Matching
Health savings and flexible spending accounts
Employee assistance program
Great discounts on Hotels, Restaurants, and much more.
Eligible to participate in the Employee Referral Bonus Program. Up to $1,000