Reporting to the Sr Director Contract Manufacturing you will manage the identification and selection of contract manufacturing partners and negotiation of contracts to support needs including innovation, capacity, and network optimization. Lead regimented approach to contract negotiations using standardized processes and templates. Ensure agreement of team members including Brand, Operations, Engineering, R&D, T&W and Procurement. Develop and maintain long-term business relationships with contract manufacturing partners to identify growth opportunities. Provide project management for important business growth, innovation and productivity improvement programs. Ensure use of resources and communication of priorities by coordinating efforts between Marketing, R&D, Manufacturing and Product Supply departments.
- Lead the sourcing/selection process for finished goods contract manufacturing partners to meet business needs. Complete total delivered cost analysis including raw material procurement, operational and T&W costs while balancing service and quality key performance measures.
- Lead contract design and negotiations with existing and new contract manufacturers. Inclusive of analyzing alternative solutions, rigorous financial analysis, alignment with the legal department, stakeholders and the Procurement VP of Contract Manufacturing.
- Benchmark key competitive set within the food industry for new technology, innovation, available capacity and productivity strategies. Analyze segments through market data and should cost modeling.
- Develop risk management plan for supplemental production options to mitigate service issues in the event of internal/external manufacturing disruptions.
- Manage finished goods projects up to commercialization (CQV) Ensure specifications are established prior to production and all parameters are achieved during the product trials setting up the CQV process.
- Be accountable for engaging business partners and establishing a communication flow across all functional groups in the management of the capital strategy for both short- and long-term goals.
- Liaison with the Operations function for internal manufacturing to align with Company manufacturing strategy to maximize leverage between Contract Manufacturing, Engineering, Marketing, R&D, Quality, Manufacturing, Procurement and Logistic departments.
- Work within the Procurement function to help develop manufacturing and capacity strategies that are consistent with the current and future marketing strategies.
- Bachelor's degree
- Diverse management experience (7+ years of plant operations, engineering, supply chain, distribution, or procurement experience).
- Project management experience.
- Cross functional team management.
- Negotiation and Contract Manufacturing development.
- Customer/client service oriented.
- Overall operations/marketplace knowledge with experience in the relevant category.
- Ability to travel 30 to 40% mostly domestic
Our Modern Workplace:
Conagras culture of collaboration enhances our ability to meet critical business goals, deliver value to customers and consumers and provide you with the flexibility you need to achieve a better work-life balance. We carefully consider each role and how often each team member needs to collaborate in-person. This position requires you work from our Chicago office 3 days per week.
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off, parental leave, flexible work-schedules (subject to your location and role)
Conagra Brands is one ofNorth America'sleading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team thats passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye,Marie Callender's, Banquet, Healthy Choice, Slim Jim, Reddi-wip, and Vlasic, and emerging brands, including Angie's BOOMCHICKAPOP, Duke's, Earth Balance, Gardein, and Frontera.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visitwww.conagrabrands.com.
Conagra Brandsis an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.