Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives?
Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? You bet!
This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare.
Our Corpus Christi Market has an excellent opportunity for an Administrative Associate supporting the Mid/Metro-Market Development team. This position will work alongside five other Mid-Market support staff members and serves a meaningful role in achieving the American Heart Association’s annual fundraising goals.
The Development team you will be supporting is responsible for fundraising and implementing a local Heart Walk, Go Red for Women Luncheon, Heart Ball, and other educational events in multiple communities throughout New Mexico, Colorado, Oklahoma, and Texas. You will collaborate with both staff and external donors, sponsors, and vendors regularly, so a customer-service approach is a requirement.
The position will manage customer donor records, enter donor and donation information into the customer databases – Dynamics and Auction Pay, build donor receipts, run reports, and provide direct field support – such as Customer service, training, and troubleshooting issues.
This is a home-office based position and the ideal candidate is required to live in Corpus Christi, TX.
High-Speed internet is required for this position.
Periodic travel will be required. All travel expenses are paid by the American Heart Association.
Training will be provided for some specific duties including:
- Shared inbox protocols – how to view, file, and respond to emails
- DRM data entry processes and management
- Thank-you letter / receipt process
- Canva (to assist with time-consuming graphics projects when needed)
- Printing / label capabilities
- Social event context / requirements
- Gathering RSVP / contact information
- Mailing list updates.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Want to move your resume to the top so that you can become a “Relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives?” Here are some of the requirements:
- Ability to travel periodically.
- Navigate Windows operating system.
- Quickly learn new and sophisticated software - experience with Greater Giving or similar nonprofit fundraising software preferred.
- Ability to focus on a detailed, potentially tedious, task for several hours while ensuring quality and accuracy.
- Thorough and ability to follow detailed directions.
- Dedication to complete and accurate data, as well as accurate spelling/grammar.
- Team collaborative. Ability to collaborate with external and internal customers in a friendly, professional manner via phone or email.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, Outlook, and Word (mail-merging knowledge is a plus).
- Office administration skills, including general clerical skills (e.g., basic computer knowledge, email etiquette, email organization, filing, typing, copying, telephone etiquette and office operations).
- Effectively communicate via Microsoft Teams chat.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
The American Heart Association offers programs to help you maintain work/life satisfaction according to your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university as well as various other training and support mechanisms locally and through our National Center.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life satisfaction, and our Guiding Values - check out this hashtag on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter today!
Our Rewards & Benefits package not only gives you the total benefits you want, but also goes above and beyond with innovative programs to develop your skills – helping you grow and thrive at the American Heart Association.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter #TheAHALife
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities