Kaiyo is an online marketplace committed to great design, exceptional customer care, and a more sustainable planet. We take the uptight and out-of-reach out of interior design by making it easy to buy & sell quality secondhand furniture. Forget about dealing with strangers, renting cars, five flights of stairs, impossible doorways, and hours of assembly. Our team handles all the hassle so you don't have to.
Our company has entered a hyper-growth phase, serving the New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington D.C., and Los Angeles metro areas, with plans for continued expansion. Our team is experienced weve scaled companies before and have seen successful exits. Our customers are passionate; we receive stellar reviews and have a world-class NPS score. Weve been featured in top-tier publications including The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, The Washington Post, and Vogue and are funded by Moderne Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, Correlation Ventures, and Max Ventures.
About the Role
We are searching for a talented AP Specialist to join our team, supporting and reporting to our Senior Director of Finance. In this role, youll have the opportunity to quickly learn the business and grow with the company as we continue to scale.
Candidates should be highly motivated, friendly, professional, and also love working on a team. They need to be a quick learner and tech-savvy. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to take their career to the next level by working in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment.
In this role, you will prepare financial documents such as bills, accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchase orders, payroll, reports, and other financial records for entry. They will be responsible for bank reconciliations and will assist in the preparation of month-end reconciliations and reporting.
This role is based in New York City in the Flatiron district. We support a hybrid model where you can either work at our office or from home.
What You'll Do
- Prepares and processes bill payments, wire payments, customer payments and refunds, and other documents for processing; encodes and obtains approval when necessary
- Prepares and executes monthly reconciliations of bank statements and financial statement accounts, analyzing financial information and verifying accuracy of our accounts.
- Makes necessary adjustments to various records, such as posting debits/credits to proper account and balancing the entries.
- Answers inquiries regarding work being performed
- Proficient in Excel
- Undergraduate BS in Accounting degree
- 1+ year of work experience
- Medical, dental (free), vision (free), life (free), long-term disability (free) insurance are provided
- 401k with 4% company match
- 25% off purchases on kaiyo.com
- Gym reimbursement
Powered by JazzHR