Shift Leader Job Summary:
An opportunity to start your career as a leader. Supervise assigned shifts while developing skills to become a restaurant manager. Our Shift Leaders are provided with development classes and have access to many levels of management and the leadership team for mentorship. Practice your team building skills, problem solving/decision making and strengthen your guest service skills.
- Provides direction to crew members to ensure the shift is prioritizing the business needs.
- Ensures the assigned shift meets all company expectations including but not limited to restaurant cleanliness, guest service experience, speed of service, and product quality.
- Assists in the training of crew members of policies and procedures, emphasizing the importance of food safety, crew/guest safety, product quality, restaurant cleanliness and exceptional guest service.
- Coaches and takes appropriate disciplinary actions with the support of the General Manager.
- Maintains a positive and professional work relationship with the team to foster a positive workplace environment. Must report crew member issues to the appropriate party, General Manager, District Leader, Human Resources, etc.
- Completes a series of administrative tasks including but not limited to cash handling, conducting product inventories, reporting of sales/speed of service/inventory variances and more.
- Ensures compliance of state laws during the shift such as meal break timing and harassment prevention.
- Assists in product ordering and receiving from vendors.
- Must be able to stand and walk for a long period of time.
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke and cold.
- Must have a high level of mobility and flexibility.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, grasp, wipe and scoop.
- Must have a ServSafe Certificate.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Written and verbal english communication skill, second language is a plus.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months El Pollo Loco crew member experience or 1 or more years of restaurant supervision experience.
- Must have a basic understanding of computer systems such as email use and reaching various websites.
- Must have basic math skills.
We are a licensed El Pollo Loco Franchisee company with 28 restaurants ( and many more in the pipeline ) over 500 team members strong and more joining our vision everyday. Located in Northern California, our name says it all TWS ( Together We Succeed ).
We are in an exponential growth mode and set to have at least 35 El Pollo Loco restaurants by the end of 2025 and eventually looking to a multi-brand expansion throughout the USA.