Job Title............... Warranty Administrator
Department.......... Service Department
Supervisor............ Service Manager
Submits, edits, and tracks all warranty related claims to Harley-Davidson and/or other Warranty entities.
Key Result Areas
- Subject matter expert on Harley-Davidson warranty policies and procedures.
- Achieve and maintain a claim entry accuracy rate of 85% or better for the dealership
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees/manage the warranty claims process within the dealership from initial customer contact through to claim reconciliation and customer satisfaction within the guidelines of the applicable warranty policy. This includes claim documentation, decision making as to claim eligibility, customer complaint resolution, proper parts retention, and overall follow through on all aspects of claim management.
- Be the single point of contact between the dealership and Harley-Davidson personnel for all issues related to warranty.
- Train all dealership staff on Harley-Davidson warranty policies, warranty definitions, and procedures.
- Be the key contact for ensuring customers are fully educated about Harley-Davidson warranty policy and that all customer issues are resolved satisfactorily.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all Harley-Davidson warranty policies and procedures.
- Create and implement a formal policy and budget for dealership out of warranty/goodwill administration.
- Ensure that all eligible warranty claims are submitted electronically and in a timely manner.
- As assigned
- No Supervisory Responsibilities
- Treat all staff employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all service personnel by maintaining positive working relationship within the Service Department and throughout the organization.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the service business.
- Focus on quality.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Competent in claim creation using TALON Service Shop or Warranty Maintenance Module and/or H-Dnet Warranty Express and "add a claim" modules.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of all Harley-Davidson warranty policies and recommended procedures.
- Excellent customer service and communications skills.
- Team player with leadership skills.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.