Big Creek Animal Hospitalis adding a
Registered Veterinary Technician
to be an important member of our growing team.
Shift Details: Full Time (35-40hr/wk 10hr shifts) Rotational weekends/Holidays
Monday - Friday: 7am - 6pm Saturday: 8am - 6pm Sunday: 1pm - 6pm
We offer the chance to be a part of a wonderful team, a family environment and schedule flexibility!!
Job Summary: The Registered Veterinary Technician provides leadership and training to the medical support staff in the operation of a small animal facility in accordance with hospital policy and procedures and provides medical care to patients as allowed in the veterinary practice act. The Registered Veterinary Technician will be able to communicate effectively with team members and clients and have great attention to detail and organizational abilities.
Benefits we offer:
- Industry leading pay for you, discounts for your furry friends!
- Medical, vision and dental benefits package.
- 401k program with company match starting day 1!
- A yearly scrub allowance for all employees.
- Flexible schedule with a focus on work-life harmony - You'll get PTO and have the time to use it!
- Free virtual yoga, fitness and meditation classes for ALL employees.
- Free virtual registered dietitian lead wellness, nutrition and cooking classes for ALL employees.
- Quarterly bonus opportunities!
- Customized learning and developmental opportunities!
How you’ll make an impact:
- Maintain and uphold Core Values and Mission Statement of MVP.
- Provide guidance to the support staff to assure that the shift flows well.
- Mentor team members for career advancement and personal development towards goals.
- Provide input to the hospital manager for 360-degree employee performance evaluations.
- Provide patient care under the supervision and direction of a DVM.
- Maintain excellent client communication.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms, and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Answer client’s inquiries about basic animal care questions and routine procedures; handle client’s medical questions with confidence and direct to veterinarians when appropriate.
Talents you’ll bring to MVP:
- Must be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Ability to demonstrate patience and composure in stressful situations, and ability to handle a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to stay calm and efficient during a medical crisis.
- Ability to give SQ, IM and IV injections.
- Knowledge of usage, dosage, and common side-effects for commonly used prescription drugs and ability to readily explain them to the clients.
- Knowledge of the common anesthesia and recovery states and ability to alert veterinarians when symptoms change or when concerns arise with hospitalized patients.
- Ability to properly extubate, monitor temperature and recover a patient from anesthesia.
- The employee must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics, and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- The employee must be confident around pets.
Why Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP)?
Because we do things a bit differently here. We’re a rapidly growing network of veterinary hospitals located throughout the United States. And while it’s important to know who we are, it’s more important to know what drives us - our mission to be the employer of choice in veterinary medicine. Our actions speak louder than those words. We put people before profits and invest in our talented teams. Our connection to our core values last longer than a quick glance through the employee handbook - we live them every day! MVP is a place where careers thrive for those who believe the right team can achieve anything.
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, generous PTO, pet health discounts and dollar for dollar match on 401K...not to mention a team of smart and friendly coworkers!
Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.