Title: Junior: Billing Coordinator
Location: New York, New York
Salary: $60,000- $65,000 + Bonus + OT
Prominent Law Firm based in Midtown NYC seeks a Legal Billing Specialist to join their Team
- Advise partners on existing client billing arrangements and assist with the monitoring/tracking of same.
- Meet with assigned attorneys to review unbilled time and ensure that status comments are up to date.
- Prepare bills based on the clients requirements and provide appropriate documentation and exhibits if needed.
- Submit invoices via electronic 3rd party e-billing system while meeting client requirements.
- Perform bill audits, review BIM for accuracy and process bills into the billing system.
- Research and respond to any attorney or client billing related inquiries.
- Work with collections team to review and resolve unpaid invoices.
- Follow-up with assigned billing attorneys when invoices are not returned for finalization.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Works well with deadlines.
- Exhibit good analytical and research skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Team player.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years' experience in billing
- Experience in ADERANT system preferred