Qualifications:Class D (minimum) up to a Class A CDL licenseValid DOT Medical CardClear MVRMust be able to pass a background checkExperience:A minimum of two years driving experience is required.Specific duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Safely operate the appropriate class of vehicle assigned to complete deliveries, pickups, etc.
- Arrive on time for scheduled shifts. It is the drivers responsibility to know their start times.
- Maintain valid copies of Drivers License and DOT Medical card and must have these docs to start every shift.
- Deliver product to customers at agreed-upon times. Unloads product in a safe manner while paying attention to the quality of the product and the requirements of the customer.
- Obtain proof of delivery/pickup from every single customer via paper or digital manifest including completion of all checklists/questionnaires.
- Fuel truck, schedule maintenance and cleaning, and perform trip inspections.
- Completes required DOT and company related paperwork.
- Perform any/all other tasks as assigned by management.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Operate all equipment in accordance with DOT and company rules. Adheres to all local, state, and federal laws.
- Communicate with dispatch personnel at regular intervals throughout the route every day, including an end of route check-in.
- Communicate with the Manager about equipment issues/needs.
- Communicate with the Manager about scheduling needs with at least 72 hours notice so the Manager can adjust future planning.
- Upon return to the dock, the driver must label all freight coming off the route truck so the warehouse can process as needed.
- May be required to operate lift truck or other equipment supplied by the customer.
- Drivers must maintain their issued equipment. They will be liable for that equipment at the time of separation.