SSM Health is now accepting applications for Medical Lab Technicians at Good Samaritan Hospital in Mt. Vernon, and St. Mary's Hospital in Centralia. We have Full-Time, Part-Time and PRN positions available. Can consider a future MLT, MLS (within 6 months) Candidates must have completed or in the process of completing an MLT/MLS program and be certified ASCP.
Full-Time MLT or MLS are eligible for a $10,000 Sign-on Bonus; Part-Time are eligible for $5,000.Under general direction, performs routine and complex technical laboratory analyses using established procedures and protocols. Performs chemical, microscopic, and bacteriologic tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Performs a full range of laboratory tests from simple blood tests to more complex tests.
- Assesses specimens for correct handling and quality.
- Confirms the accuracy of test results and reports findings to physicians.
- Operates complex electronic equipment, computers and precision instruments.
- Performs and evaluates quality control procedures.
- Performs periodic maintenance and assists with the calibration of instruments.
- Assists with the proper storage of hazardous materials.
- Maintains competencies and continuing education to keep informed of new developments in field.
- Assists in the proficiency testing program in the lab.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or equivalent years of experience and education
- No experience required
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.