Summary of Job:Supervises journeyman plumbers and helpers and the work performed in plumbing functions, including installs and repairs pipes, fittings and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing codes, studies building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required, and sequence of installations. Provide input on plumbing plans being developed and then handle implementation and maintenance of these systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
- Inspect structures to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening of structure resulting from installation of pipe.
- Locate and mark position of pipe and pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors.
- Cut openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings, using hand tools and power tools.
- Cuts and threads pipe, using pipe cutters, cutting torch, and pipe-threading machine.
- Assemble and install valves, pipefittings, and pipes composed of metals, such as iron, steel, brass and lead, and nonmetals, such as glass, vitrified clay, and plastic.
- Join pipe by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder, plastic solvent, and caulks joints, fills pipe system with water or air and reads pressure gauges to determine whether system is leaking.
- Install plumbing fixtures.
- Must be able to handle stress and job demands.
- Must be able to cooperatively work with others.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with systematic, thoughtful, timely and effective solutions and procedures
- Demonstrate proper and safe use of tools and related equipment
- Experience in providing quality, professional customer related services
- Ability to work and communicate effectively individually as well as in a team environment
- Ability to handle disruptions in stride with professionalism.
- Ability to work independently in a commercial setting.
Lee Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, or family and medical leave.