Mission Lane is looking for a Senior Back-end Node.js Developer to join our geographically dispersed team. All Mission Laners may choose to work 100% remotely, at one of our offices in Richmond, VA or San Francisco, CA, or in whatever combination works best.
So, what does a typical day look like for a Mission Lane Software Engineer?
- You will be solving some pretty interesting problems, without bureaucratic obstacles.
- Work cross-functionally with our Product, Design, Credit, Growth and Data Science teams to understand customer needs and how to design and build the most appropriate features or systems that impact the lives of millions of consumers. They're all great people to work with. Trust me!
- You will also spend some time in the design and development across our web stack and the opportunity to work on or close to our Web, Cloud Platform, Data and Machine Learning teams.
- Be an agent of technological change - learning and evaluating new technologies and making decisions on their adoption
- Time permitting, a little online socializing with your peers.
- 4-7 years of professional experience building software. Bonus points if youve excelled at a small, high-growth startup or been working in the fin-tech space or an equivalent highly regulated industry.
- Passionate about Node.js and software design/architecture
- An intuitive understanding of web frameworks, APIs, cloud infrastructure, information security, and databases, and have worked with multiple programming languages.
- A passion for making an impact through technology while building consumer products that make a difference to the lives of traditionally under-served customers.
- Both curious by nature and an impressively quick learner.
- Unfazed by unfamiliar codebases and enjoy figuring complex things out on your own.
- Able to wear multiple hats and work across the stack, both collaboratively and independently.
- Proven experience with Kotlin or Java is a plus.
- Knowledgeable and appreciative of user interaction, user experience, and design best practices.
- Familiar with performance tuning, measurement and experimentation systems
Were committed to ensuring our team members have balance in their lives. Our comprehensive benefits package* provides the support you need to thrive at work and at home.
- Work: An engaging culture with access to training programs and advancement opportunities
- Life: Full health, dental, and vision benefits, Flexible Spending Account (for medical and childcare expenses), paid parental leave, and a 401k Company Match
- Balance: Generous PTO, flexible schedules, a Calm App subscription, and more.
More about Mission Lane:
Mission Lane is based in the U.S., with offices in Richmond, Virginia & San Francisco, California. Founded in December 2018, weve rapidly grown to almost 2 million customers.
It all started with a realization: nearly fifty percent of the adult population in the U.S. doesnt have access to a clear line of credit. And by clear we mean credit without crazy fees that only increase debt. Most traditional credit card companies either overlook or overcharge this group because they have less-than-prime credit scores or no score at all. We decided this just wouldnt do.
We understand that everyone doesnt have the same opportunities. We also know that everyone joins us at different stages of their financial journeys. Providing access to clear credit was a critical first step, but our work isnt done. We are actively developing new products designed to meet our customers where they are, according to their needs.
We get it - life happens . Thats why Mission Lane is hard at work paving a better way forward.
Just like for our customers, Mission Lane creates opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and prosper. We strive to create an environment that brings out the best in everyone, everyday.
Mission Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Mission Lane is not currently sponsoring new applicant employment authorization for this position. And please, no third-party recruiters.