Parts Expeditor (Birmingham, AL):
W.W.Williams, a full Service Truck Shop has immediate opening for Parts Expeditor.The Parts Expeditor will provide total parts support to technicians in the shop to facilitate the timely and accurate completion of repairs to customers' equipment by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties of Parts Expeditor:
- Assists in the development of parts lists for repairs being performed using extensive product knowledge, various computer software programs and supplier catalogs, estimating requisition completion time with a high degree of accuracy.
- Minimizes customers' repair downtime related to parts availability and procurement issues.
- Identifies sources for and procures non-stock parts, using relationships developed with local suppliers.
- Matches customer needs with W. W. Williams product and service offerings and recommends solutions, allowing Service Department to maximize customer satisfaction and sales opportunities.
- Enters parts used on jobs into computer resulting in a thorough accounting of inventory levels and accurate customer invoices.
- Recovers freight costs by following the current freight policy.
- Estimates date of delivery to shop, based on knowledge of own firm's inventory and stock delivery schedules communicating with shop to ensure efficient use of technicians' time.
- Expedites urgent orders based on customer's requirements.
- Investigates and resolves problems with deliveries.
- Assures proper tagging and return of cores from remanufactured products used on shop jobs.
- Verifies completion and accuracy of parts portions of shop jobs to facilitate job closings.
- Builds and maintains relationships with technicians and shop personnel.
- Assists in setting appropriate stocking levels by reporting stocking problems or opportunities.
- Successfully completes all ongoing supplier-provided parts training and maintains all supplier and company required certifications.
- Takes advantage of every opportunity made available to increase parts knowledge through attendance at meetings, seminars and schools.
- Performs other duties in the Parts Department when requested.
Competitive wages and benefits. EOE/AAP/M/F/Vets/Disabled, DFWP.