SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Daily upkeep and maintenance of Corps building and grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General cleaning of Corps buildings and work areas.
- Assist and perform repairs and building improvement involving several trades, including building, electrical, carpentry, plumbing, and painting.
- Perform grounds maintenance as needed.
- Assist in maintenance of, and snow removal from, walkways and drives with shoveling and salting of entrances.
- General Duties –set up/take down furniture for meetings, maintain cleaning supply inventory and order and pick up supplies as needed.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Working knowledge of cleaning materials and equipment and able to learn acceptable cleaning methods.
• Handyman/Tradesman skills preferred.
• Must have a good working knowledge of basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry and painting.
• Must have experience with operating manual/power tools in a safe manner.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
• Ability to drive and work outdoors under adverse weather conditions
• Ability to willingly attend and participate in training sessions
• Valid Driver License that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements