At NorthStar Credit Union, our members come first in all that we do. As a Member Service Specialist, you'll develop relationships with members that last a lifetime. Each interaction will provide you the opportunity to build rapport and make a difference (often profound) in someone's life. If you're outgoing, looking to make an impact, and passionate about delivering a world-class member experience, you've come to the right place!
A successful Member Services Representative will be willing and able to:
- Own the position. Stay motivated and driven. Hold yourself accountable. Speak up when you need something. Offer suggestions and volunteer for new challenges.
- Be brave. Ask tough questions and dig deeper to have meaningful conversations.
- Pay attention to details. After all, any job worth doing is worth doing right - especially when dealing with people's money.
- Be a light. Be a catalyst for positivity and leave people a little happier than you found them.
- Pick up the phone. Someone on the other end of the line needs your help. Helping others is your superpower!
- Be nimble and think on your feet. Roll with the punches and be ready for change. Be eager to learn new things.
- Be a team player. Be willing to do what it takes. Lend a hand, you never know when you might need one.
This role is likely not for you, if you are:
- Unhappy working with the public.
- Uncomfortable placing or answering phone calls.
- Not detail oriented.
- Adversarial to sales.
- Uncomfortable with change.
- Opposed to learning (and retaining) new things.
- New to handling money.
- Unable to multi-task.
About NorthStar Credit Union
We are on a mission to help people achieve financial success! For nearly 50 years, NorthStar has been serving the needs of individuals, families, and businesses throughout Chicagoland. We offer a full menu of financial services from mortgage and auto loans to free checking accounts and business services. Our utmost core value is total member satisfaction, our members come first in all that we do. Visit us online at www.nscu.orgto learn more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle of NorthStar Credit Union where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.