Dematic is looking for Final Assembly Technicians to join our fast growing Grand Rapids manufacturing facility. In this role you'll be assembling Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV's) for use on multiple customer sites.
Starting pay for this role is between $18 and $21 per hour.
What we offer:
- Career Development
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Pay Transparency
- Global Opportunities
Some positions in the U.S. may require vaccination against COVID-19. Where legally permitted or required, offers for such roles are contingent on the candidate providing proof of full vaccination against Covid 19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine). Candidates with medical issues or religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement
This Is What You Will Do In This Role:
- Utilize detailed assembly drawings/instructions, bill of materials and electrical harness/panel wiring schematics to prepare and complete tasks during all vehicles build related assembly processes.
- Utilize various hand tools, machines and manual labor to complete the vehicle build assembly process.
- Complete assembly vehicle builds electrical harness wiring/panel assemblies in a timely manner to meet/exceed manufacturing/project management schedules.
- Update engineering drawings/work instructions and electrical harness/panel wiring schematics throughout the vehicle build assembly process when necessary.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations including, but not limited to, company policies and OSHA requirements.
- This position may include any other duties assigned by the company.
Tasks and Qualifications:What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, certification from a qualified trade school in a related field, or some college is a plus
- Previous electrical harness/component, panel wiring assembly experience in a fast-paced industrial/automation team environment preferred.
- Ability to perform basic math and utilize various measuring devices.
- Experience utilizing various types of manual, power, and air tools (i.e. drill, wire crimping/stripping machines, rivet gun, soldering iron).
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move more than 10 pounds.
- Standing, bending, and lifting to complete work during the vehicle build final assembly process.
- Ability to work in a team environment. effectively communicating with both sub-assembly techs and production supervisor.
- Ability to utilize a fork truck (or willing to obtain license) for the purpose of maneuvering various materials and assemblies.
- 18 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States