Please note, this position is located at Deer Valley Resort in Park City, UT.
ACCEPTING IN-COUNTRY H-2B APPLICANTS! Sorry - No Out of Country Petitions.
Purpose of Position: The Cook II is responsible for assisting the Sous Chef and the Cook III with the supervision of Cooks in the Level 1 position, preparation and presentation of the daily menus and assisting servers with restocking and service of selections at stations where lines develop during peak business hours.
Additionally, the Cook II will help maintain cleanliness and sanitation in the back of house, ensure that a clean supply of the necessary flatware, china, and other operating equipment is effectively maintained during operation, safely and correctly ensure the care of equipment and the proper use of cleaning chemicals, and organizing operating equipment for banquet functions.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Maintain open, constructive channels of communication with other kitchen personnel
- Demonstrate a good attitude and cooperative nature when dealing with kitchen staff, supervisors, and guests
- Follow directions from the supervisor and ask questions about aspects of assigned duties you may not understand
- Must be able to remain calm when faced with stressful situations and alert supervisor of any complaints or problems with guests or other staff
- Able to lift and carry at least 60 pounds, stand for long periods of time and withstand bending, twisting, and repetitive movements
- Must have 12 months of culinary work experience.
- Required to supply and use personal kitchen tools including knives,
- Local food handlers certification will be required within 30 days of start date. Out of state or country certifications are not valid. ServSafe certification within 3 years of issue date will be accepted.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- FOOD PREPARATION: All dishes must be lively in content and flavor, keeping with Deer Valleys high standards. Dishes should adhere to production standards and time constraints. Be sure preparations are fully seasoned. Assistant Sous Chef, Sous Chef or Executive Chef must taste all preparations before they are panned for service.
- FOOD PRESENTATIONS: Service lines are to be kept spotless and pans changed regularly as needed. Food selections should always be well stocked and appropriately garnished. Make sure all mise-en-place is in sufficient quantities for the days counts. Attend to details
- GUEST SERVICE: Must be prompt, friendly and efficient. Assist servers during busy times to speed guests through lines. Guest should be politely greeted and asked how they may be helped. Use suggestive selling.
- SAFETY, CLEANLINESS OF WORK AND SERVICE AREAS:
- Demonstrate proper operation of equipment, use of knives, and other kitchen tools. Work cooperatively with stewards and ask politely for their assistance when needed and know them by name. Notify Supervisor of any injury requiring medical attention. Work safely to prevent injuries. At the close of service, lines are quickly and thoroughly broken down and cleaned.
- Work and service areas are kept clean and uncluttered, especially walk-in coolers. Proper storage and rotation of food is mandatory to insure freshness and avoid waste. Leftover products must be labeled and stored in appropriate area of cooler or kitchen. Daily inventories to be completed before the end of each shift
- Receive, properly clean, and restock flatware, china, glassware and all other operating equipment in an efficient, conscientious manner
- Properly and efficiently load and operate the Champion dish machine and pot and pan machine, monitoring their performance and reporting any unusual instances or changes to supervisor as soon as possible
- Maintain clean, neat sanitary conditions in the back of house by making rounds cleaning walls, floors, cleaning and organizing shelving, emptying trash containers, and keeping them in designated areas. Check all hand wash stations to ensure they are clean and equipped with soap and paper towels. Stock all areas with gloves
- Aid in scheduled daily and otherwise scheduled cleaning such as hoods, walk-ins, ovens, grills, drains, hand sinks, kettles, and tilt skillet
- Ensure dock area is clean and organized. Put boxes in bailer, checking bailer often during day. If full, use bailing wire to tie bundles of cardboard
- Understanding and compliance with HACCP standards including receiving, time and temperature recording, shellfish tags, RO packaging requirements, sous vide requirements, proper labeling, storage and rotation of products. Much of this will be on the job training
- One complimentary meal will be offered per shift, non-alcoholic beverages available all day
- The Cook II will aid in these functions at Snow Park Lodge, Silver Lake Lodge, Empire Lodge, The Lodges at Deer Valley, The Deer Valley Grocery~Caf, or Banquets.