Driven by our purpose: Building progress for people and the planet. We are transforming to become the leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions. Holcim US offers an unparalleled range of innovative cement, aggregates, asphalt, concrete products and construction services that have been the foundation for infrastructure projects across the globe. To move the industry forward to a greener future we need people who are passionate about sustainability, are driven to shape and influence perception and keen to build, grow and thrive in our high-performance culture. Are you ready to build progress with us?
This position directly reports to the Plant Management. All duties are performed in a work-safe manner; plant safety rules are followed and individual works as a team member. Primary responsibilities include assisting in Maintenance and operations functions.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environment and areas.
- Prioritizes SAFETY, then QUALITY, followed by PRODUCTION
- Ensures a safe work environment for self and others at all times.
- Understand and comply with Environmental Health & Safety policies to assure that environmental, health and safety are the first priority
- Actively support key safety initiatives at the facility and assist as needed to improve EHS
- Communicates effectively and timely with staff
- Ensure all work areas are clean, tidy and organized at all times
- Trains and coaches other employees when needed
- Performs other duties as time permits or as assigned
- Internal controls providing reasonable assurance of effective and efficient operations, including actions to prevent and detect fraud and protect Company resources
- Ensure compliance with internal control procedures - unwarranted deviations from established standards, and violations of policy or law
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, yet able to participate within a team environment
- Ability to operate equipment effectively
- Must understand equipment functions and processes of the primary areas
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- REQUIRED: Previous Wash Plant Operator Experience and MSHA regulated mine experience
- REQUIRED: Previous welding, cutting experience a plus
- REQUIRED: Must have 2-3 years previous basic plant mechanical maintenance experience
- REQUIRED: Able to perform plant pre and post shift inspection
- REQUIRED: Able to Operate Wash Plant independently while following company policies
- REQUIRED: Basic math, reading, and writing skills are required (English)
- REQUIRED: High school diploma or equivalent