Workday Payroll Specialist
- Process and record multi state company's payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information participate in a daily data entry payroll transaction environment
- Manage Workday work flows to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Process off cycle manual payments outside of the standard pay cycles
- Respond to employee relation incidences and assists and resolve
- Execute Time and Attendance Files and interphase with work day payroll system
- Compile payroll data such as hours worked, taxes, insurance, from timesheets and other records.
- Prepare and enter data into computer files, or compute wages and deductions and post to payroll records.
- Enter and update personnel changes.
- Handle employee questions and problem resolution.
- Review wages computed and correct errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Record changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records.
- Set up garnishments, maintain files, requests and mail checks.
- Set up all direct deposits.
- Record data concerning transfer of employees between departments.
- Prepare and issue paychecks.
- Run established queries and reports.
- Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
Payroll Reporting, Processing, & Analysis:
- Participate in the biweekly processing of payroll including timecard collection, date entry & validation, detailed audits
- Provide payroll data and ad hoc reports for finance, legal, tax, compensation, benefits, and HR
- Assist with processing stock-related tax transactions and adjustments
Prior Work Experience and Education:
- 3 - 5 years of related work experience
- Associate/Technical Degree required.
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Other Certifications: CPP/FPC preferred but not required
Powered by JazzHR