We are looking for a Network Technician II to join the TECKpert team at a client Government agency on site in Fort Lauderdale, FL, Plantation, FL, Dania Beach, FL, & Pompano Beach, FL.
You will be required to perform work onsite as this is not a remote position.
US BASED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Who we are
TECKpert is a 12-year-old tech consulting firm based in beautiful Miami, FL. At TECKpert, we offer a contingent workforce built for any size digital transformation project. Experts in design, development, IT, analytics and marketing, provide innovative digital solutions to achieve success in our new economy. Our leaders identify the technical talent best suited to bolster our clients capabilities, across all industries, including, healthcare, government, finance, legal, real estate, and startups
TECKpert is currently seeking a Network Technician II to join the TECKpert team on site at a growing government entity.
The TECKpert Network Technician II provides daily operations support and maintenance for network systems (including wireless). Proactively monitors networks to provide stable, dependable network services across multiple platforms. Assist in configuring and troubleshooting computer networks and peripheral devices. Maintains LAN/WAN operations by working with network facilities and hardware/software vendors to ensure timely problem resolution. Provides support to medium to large projects for end-user, network and communication (including wireless) related initiatives. Support will include planning, analysis, development, installation, integration, deployment, administration and support of new and existing computer systems and infrastructure. Projects may extend over an enterprise infrastructure involving microcomputers, minicomputers, LAN I WAN I Wireless I Vehicle environments. Knowledge of printers, modems, personal computers, VoIP, GPS devices, operating systems, office suites, databases, file servers, switches, wireless CCTV transit security system, and data communications equipment is expected of the Network Technician II. Serve as Field Technicians at various locations.
Compensation and Term
This opportunity is for a full-time, six month contract position with possible extensions with pay to commensurate with experience up to $21/hour. Medical, dental, vision and life insurance available after 30 days of hire.
Qualifications you need
Heres a list of requirements for this opportunity:
- Associate's or bachelors degree, or technical institute degree/certificate in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Requires 2 to 3 years of IT work experience in infrastructure/network environments (e.g. PCs, Servers, NVRs, DVRs, Printers, Data Communications Hardware, Laptops, etc.)/network environments.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and analytical skills to help others understand all the technical aspects of projects and systems supported.
- Troubleshooting Skills for PC and Laptop hardware/software, Virtual Environment, Backup Management System, wireless/cellular, communications, and Connectivity Issues.
- Provides daily operations Tier 1 and Tier 2 support and maintenance for network systems, Desktops, printers, laptops, communications (e.g. Wireless, Radio) Onboard Systems, and OS I Firmware Upgrades. May
- assist with small projects. Functions, somewhat independently, under general direction of supervisors or managers.
- Ability to Manage Active Directory users and groups.
- Experience with Windows 7 and MS Office Suite.
- Network Enterprise Device Support.
- Inventory Management and Tracking.
- Timely data entry and tracking of all work requests utilizing a Cherwell ticket tracking system.
- Blackberry, IPAD, iPhone and Android operating system experience.
- Ability to Troubleshoot Desktop, Laptop, Tablets, OS, and hardware issues.
- Network Printer and scanner support.
- Assist with installation and maintenance of security surveillance cameras.
- Professional IT Certifications are a plus, such as: Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), or Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE).
- Support coverage may be during different shifts (e.g. Sunday - Thursday, Tuesday - Saturday, 10 am - 6:30 pm, 12:00 pm - 8:30 pm).
- Drug Test Required
- Background Test Required
Nice to Have
Prior transit experience and knowledge of transit technologies
Working with us
Working with TECKpert means more options. As new opportunities arise, you tell us what you think is a good fit for you. What industries interest you most? Do you prefer an on-location, 9-5? Or would you want a flexible schedule and remote work? We proudly offer a wide variety of roles. Many of our TECKperts enjoy coworking and skills training coupled with the stability of full-time employment. We believe TECKpert gives today's digital professionals an agile path to start and advance their career. All of our opportunities require at least 20 hours per week and can be one to twelve months in length. Choose the opportunity that matches your interest and desired cadence.
Powered by JazzHR