CableCom is seeking a Material Warehouse Technician for our South San Francisco, California location to supervise and control incoming and outgoing inventory, as well as perform administrative duties. Successful candidates will be proficient with various inventory management systems. Forklift certification a plus! Candidate must be capable of working in all temperatures, climates, and weather conditions. We offer competitive pay and an extensive benefits package.
- Receive, inspect, store and secure all supplies and materials when delivered.
- Set-up a stock issue and control system that will account for and track all materials used in our construction process.
- Maintain all received inventory in an organized and efficient manner.
- Assist with Fleet duties.
- Assign and account for all materials issued to work crews on a daily basis.
- Maintain a “shelf stock” of parts, tools, and any other job required supplies.
- Conduct a complete physical inventory each month that will account for all materials stored, received, and issued from the warehouse and yard.
- Maintain material usage logs/spreadsheets to comply with our customer’s usage and tracking systems.
- Assist in the management, maintenance, and upkeep of fleet tools and equipment assigned to the project.
- Perform assigned tasks as related to specific functions that may include any combination of general clerical duties, tasks, or special projects as required or assigned (i.e. answering phones, filing, data entry, making copies, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient with Microsoft Business Applications (Excel, Word).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license (class "C" minimum) and be willing to obtain a commercial class driver’s license if required for the position (possibly class "B" – light commercial).
- Forklift and pallet jack operation is a plus.
- Be detail oriented with focus on accuracy.
- Capable of working in all temperatures, climates, and weather conditions.
- Must be willing to work shifts as assigned, including daily overtime when necessary.
- Able to perform the essential functions required in this position for the entire assigned shift.
- Standing - 6 to 8 hours daily.
- Walking - 6 to 8 hours daily.
- Climbing - 1 to 2 hours daily.
- Driving occasionally.
- Bending/Twisting - 3 to 4 hours daily.
- Pushing/Pulling - 1 to 2 hours daily.
- Repetitive Motion (grasping, manipulation) - 1 to 2 hours daily.
- Lifting (weights up to 100lbs.) - rarely.
- Lift & Carry (weights of 50 to 60 lbs.) - regularly / daily.
- Competitive Pay.
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) with company matching.
- Stock Purchase Plan.
- Short & Long Term Disability.
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Paid Holidays and Vacation (PTO).
Who we are...
CableCom is a leading provider of engineering, construction, and testing services for coaxial and fiber optic cable systems. With headquarters in Bothell, Washington, just outside of Seattle, we have over 20 locations throughout the Western Region of the US. Every day we work to improve the way information is shared and communicated through the execution of innovative technology projects.
At CableCom you’ll be joining a family where we are committed to supporting each other and building a collaborative team environment. As part of our team, your opportunities are endless. Join us, where you can be a part of a team dedicated to providing world class customer service.
If you are interested in learning more about our organization, please visit our website https://cablecomllc.us/careers/
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.