If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this .
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Department of Pediatrics has an exciting opportunity for a Full-time Director, Finance. The Director, Finance acts as principal advisor regarding all financial matters which may affect the short-term or long-term financial success of the University. More specifically, the Director, Finance oversees the development, implementation, and administration of internal controls and operating systems and establishes financial policies in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, tax regulations, and existing federal and state laws.
- Oversees budgets and audit process for all facilities and provides appropriate training to management.
- Communicates financial policies and matters to appropriate finance committees.
- Advances annual, operating, and capital budgets.
- Prepares appropriate financial reports necessary to show overall financial performance.
- Assists in the development of strategies to maintain the financial well-being of the organization.
- Determines economic implications and feasibility for modifications to existing systems and installation of new systems.
- Provides financial analyses, feasibility studies, and others to translate strategic plan into quantifiable data and analysis.
- Cultivates and maintains payor contract relationships and develops joint venture and collaborative arrangements with external parties.
- Invests excess short-term and long-term cash and investment portfolios to maximize the return on investment while maintaining the safety of the investments.
- Establishes and continuously assesses the effectiveness of the internal controls within the unit and compliance with University policies and procedures.
- Supervises the Sr. Manager of Finance, and Sr. Manager of Business Operations.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Bachelors degree in relevant field
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations.
- Ability to establish department goals, and objectives that support the strategic plan.
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and train others.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click for additional information.