- This is a Full-time in-office position working closely and collaboratively with a Team*
We are a diversified media company looking for someone to oversee and maintain the digital platforms for our radio brands in the Wenatchee, WA area. With a maniacal focus on consumer experience, this individual will work closely with our on-air talent to develop content for their shows, grow their brands online, and create the best possible experience for their audience across all platforms.
Do you bore easily? Not here. No two days are ever the same at Townsquare Media. As the Digital Managing Editor, one minute youll be editing an article about the ten best burgers in town, the next youll be implementing a new Facebook strategy, only to close out the day by teaching a DJ how to craft an SEO-friendly headline that drives traffic to the brands website.
This is an agile position that requires solid troubleshooting, good professional judgment, level-10 communication, and technical prowess. Patience is essential, as is a great sense of humor this is radio after all, not a library! (Not that theres anything wrong with libraries. We love libraries. Seriously. Theyre the best.) This is not a typical webmaster position.
- Partner with teams of on-air and digital talent to create text, photo, video, and interactive content for the local community across the site, mobile platforms, and social media. Work to make sure those great ideas are harnessed online.
- Provide consistent training, coaching, and education for our on-air and digital talent on the latest internet trends (ex: Facebook posting strategy or strategies for search engine optimization) and educate staff on company policies (ex: copyright law and digital requirements).
- Coordinate with local sales and content teams to make sure that all station and market initiatives have an engaging digital component.
- Study analytics to make data-driven content choices and optimize local digital strategy.
- Be at the forefront of content creation every single day.
- Five years of online editorial experience with exceptional writing, editing, SEO skills
- Strong grasp of how to use popular social media networks (like Facebook Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube) to promote content
- Must be a consummate multi-tasker (with excellent communication skills) who is understanding of the ever-changing culture of the internet
- Ability to prioritize and focus under fast-paced pressure while managing multiple tasks and projects
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, editorially and technologically
- Proficiency in the use of digital technology, including online publishing platforms
- An understanding of the ever-changing culture of the internet
- Must have great communication skills, obsessive attention to detail, and a sense of humor (We like to have fun!)
- 3 weeks of PTO (+ 9 paid holidays)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Casual, high-energy work environment
- Opportunity for upward mobility
- Company provided laptop
- Competitive salary + bonus program
- Company discounts
- Pet Insurance
- Time off for volunteering
- And much more
Townsquare?is a community-focused digital media, digital marketing solutions and radio company focused outside the Top 50 markets in the U.S. Our assets include?Townsquare Interactive, a digital marketing services subscription business providing web sites, search engine optimization, social platforms and online reputation management for approximately 21,900 SMBs;?Townsquare IGNITE, a proprietary digital programmatic advertising technology with an in-house demand and data management platform; and?Townsquare Media, our portfolio of 322 local terrestrial radio stations in 67 cities with corresponding local news and entertainment websites and apps including legendary brands such as?WYRK.com,?WJON.com, and?NJ101.5.com, along with a network of national music brands including?XXLmag.com,?TasteofCountry.com,?UltimateClassicRock.com?and?Loudwire.com.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.??
Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Townsquare Medias employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.