How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Clinical Coordinator at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Answers telephones in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Utilizes professional tone and demeanor in all communication.
- Coordinates communication between sending and receiving facilities, and within the receiving facility.
- Accurately records details of all communication related to each transfer request in the electronic health record in an efficient and timely manner.
- Works in a collaborative manner with other members of the health care team.
- Utilizes clinical expertise, and collaborates with capacity management, nursing, physician/provider representatives, and other hospital departments to assure proper level of care and room assignment at the receiving facility.
- Maintains awareness of bed availability on all patient care units and outpatient departments involved in the inter-facility transfer and direct admission of patients.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle a high degree of pressure, heavy workloads, multiple requests, and numerous interruptions in a positive manner, establishing priorities for effective work completion. Able to diffuse challenging situations and respond appropriately.
- Demonstrates expertise in working with multiple computer applications as well as all functions of the telephone system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current and valid New Jersey Registered Nurse license is required
- BLS/CPR certification by American Heart Association is required
- At least 2 years of clinical experience in an acute care setting required
- Critical care and/or emergency nursing experience preferred
- Transfer center experience preferred
- BSN preferred