$5,000 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates!!
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you'll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale - as part of an incredible team culture that's defining the future of behavioral health care.
Position in this function is responsible for facilitating and providing linkage to behavioral health services in system of care to justice involved population. Provides clinical services in the manner of behavioral health screenings, short term case management, coordination, and consultation with behavioral health treatment providers, San Diego Probation and ancillary services.
***This position will be based primarily out of a Community Transition Center in San Diego, with expected travel (up to 50%) to various probation offices within the County. Position may require some Saturday hours on an as-needed basis.***
- Conducts comprehensive behavioral health screenings in a dynamic environment to include jail and other settings
- Review available behavioral health history to coordinate services and assure appropriate level of care for clients
- Identification, awareness and establishing contacts of specific community resources for justice involved population and the enrollment process
- Leads coordination of appropriate level of care linkage for Post Release Offenders to community behavioral health and ancillary services
- Guides the provision of short-term clinical case management to ensure continuity of behavioral health and medical services
- Available to assist BHST Care Advocates in daily operations and duties
- Navigates and advocates within behavioral health system of care on behalf of clients as needed
- Models and engages clients to participate in screening process and work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team to develop case plans, provide linkage to care based on their individual needs, preference and objectives
- Exemplifies the use of motivational interviewing techniques to help clients identify and understand intrinsic goals and engage in behavior change
- Participates in ongoing multi-disciplinary team meetings providing education and consultation with regards to linkage to behavioral health and ancillary services within system of care
- Guides clinical care consultations with California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation personnel, San Diego Sheriff’s department, probation officers, and community treatment providers
- Advances the troubleshooting of internal and external problems
- Assess for safety risks / provides crisis intervention and behavioral health screenings for population
- Receives and reviews clinical screenings, linkage and levels of care requests
- Assist in orientation of Behavioral Health System of care to Probation partners
- Provides ongoing education of behavioral health system of care to providers, consumers and other stakeholders
- Makes suggestions for change and improvements in the functioning of the department and coordination of care within the system of care with Probation partners, Behavioral Health Services and Treatment providers
- Maintain timely and appropriate clinical documentation records in San Diego County Probation and Behavioral Health Electronic Health records
- Use of technological systems to support clinical delivery of services
- Requires access to Cerner Electronic Health Record which includes Protected Health Information and Probation Case Management System
- Adheres to pertinent HIPAA rules and regulations
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s Degree in Social work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology, Counseling, or related field from an accredited university
- Licensed eligible/registered associate with BBS in social work, psychology (Ph.D. or PsyD), marriage and family therapy, or professional clinical counseling
- Candidates must have completed all required supervised clinical hours, and have taken and passed the BBS Licensing Exam in California
- Must provide licensure information within six months of employment
- Experience in direct clinical care in a behavioral health treatment setting with emphasis on assessment, case management, and crisis intervention
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations, as well as all client requirements, and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Inpatient experience
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Experience with individuals involved in the justice system
- Knowledge of the system of care in San Diego
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a realated entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal candidates") are not eligible to receive a Sign-On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: San Diego, Care Advocate, LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, Psy.D, care coordination, probation, community transition, employment, housing, bilingual, Spanish, CA, California