This is a paid freelance, remote position - that means you can work from anywhere, on your own schedule.
Screen Rant is the #1 entertainment website on the web and publishes up-to-the-minute news on blockbuster movies, TV, video games, and comic books. Our editorial team is looking for eager writers to contribute Network Shows content under the leadership of the Movie/TV Features Lead Editor. We are looking for writers who are fans of any of the following shows (but not limited to): NCIS & NCIS Hawaii, CSI: Vegas (and all previous shows), The CW shows (excluding Arrowverse), The Simpsons, Family Guy, LA's Finest, Grey's Anatomy & Station 19, Young Rock, Chicago Med, PD & Fire, Young Sheldon, The Blacklist, and Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to write features on shows, tease things to come in upcoming episodes, analyze and produce hot takes on the latest controversies, speculate and predict what will happen next. Everything that goes beyond recapping. The selected candidates will have tremendous career growth opportunity within the organization. Please note that this role does not involve video production or script writing.
Above all else, we are looking for applicants with a passion for the type of content we cover. Before applying, please visit screenrant.com and review our coverage. If you think you belong within our geeky community of writers and editors but have no professional writing experience, we would be more than happy to consider your application nonetheless. We pride ourselves on having a passion-first, experience-second approach to hiring writing talent. In your cover letter, make sure to let us know how your knowledge and love of movies applies to Screen Rant's content!
- Write a minimum of 5-10 articles per week in Screen Rant's house style (following the requisite training and peer mentorship period)
- This will include fact checking, formatting, linking, and image sourcing/very basic editing (sizing, brightness, etc.)
- Take on beats or weekly shows assigned by the Features & TV Lead.
- Write content on multiple weekly release shows as well as popular but some discontinued shows
- Pitch story ideas when none are readily available
- Accept and apply any/all feedback received by the editorial team
- Communicate openly and actively with the editorial team
- A passion for the content and a drive to grow within the industry
- Broad working knowledge of Network Show content in general, especially trending shows on popular streaming devices
- Be open and able to watch assigned shows for future coverage (having previous/additional knowledge is a plus)
- Quick learner with strong sense of urgency, and can identify specific talking points in depth without
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to write articles free of typos and grammatical errors
- Comfortable working in an entirely virtual environment
Applicants with experience in the following areas will be given favorable consideration:
- Understanding of what it means to write a "Feature"
- Relevant experience in writing and/or editing roles (digital publications, entertainment content)
- Familiarity with Wordpress
- Image editing
- Analytics (GA)
What Screen Rant has to offer:
- Open schedule - write as much as you like, whenever you like, from wherever you like!
- Future bonusing opportunities for high contributors of quality articles
- Incredible opportunities for career growth within a supportive system
- An amazing community of like-minded people to nerd-out with on a daily basis
NOTE: Only applications containing a resume and cover letter will be considered. It is essential that you demonstrate your breadth of knowledge of Network Shows content in your cover letter. You will not be considered for the role if this information is not included. Please note that the next step in the hiring process involves a writing evaluation.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
Powered by JazzHR