Director of Training and Professional Development
Join Aya Healthcare, a winner of multiple Top Workplace awards!
Full Job Description
A market leader in healthcare staffing, Aya Healthcare is looking for a Director of Training and Professional Development to build and implement a world-class leadership program that transforms the advancement of the organization and its people. This role will create programs for growth-oriented and impactful leaders who inspire their teams to innovate and work at their highest potential.
The Director of Training and Professional Development will also be responsible for providing resources and guidance to individual department training teams, assisting with new hire trainings and ongoing learning and development.
This person will have the opportunity to build a training team to support recommended curriculum development and will lead our Instructional Design Team.
Who We Are
Were a $5.8 billion, rapidly growing workforce solutions provider in the healthcare industry. We deliver tech-enabled services that help healthcare organizations meet and manage their contingent labor needs. We build and manage tech-enabled marketplaces for national and local healthcare talent and deliver contingent labor management solutions through our proprietary software platform.
At Aya, were obsessed with creating exceptional experiences for our clients, clinicians and employees. In fact, we put employee satisfaction above all else. Our team members are responsible for providing a world class customer experience and we know that happy employees are critical to maintaining happy clients. We foster an entrepreneurial, high-energy, low-bureaucracy culture and value innovative thinking and creative problem solving. We embrace diversity in thought and backgrounds unified by a commitment to high achievement. When you join Aya, youll be surrounded by teammates who care about you as an individual and leaders who will help you grow both personally and professionally.
- Lead a team responsible for architecting and implementing a bespoke leadership development program that aligns with Ayas unique culture.
- Curate and customize content for both in-person and virtual leadership skill building, as well as on-demand learning courses.
- Increase access to learning opportunities across all brands and departments within the organization.
- Drive innovative solutions that address high-priority business needs, and impact leader behaviors.
- Develop and maintain quantitative performance measures across the organization.
- Deliver results with minimal direction in a dynamic environment.
- Partner with individual department and training managers to support department-specific training programs.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and best practices to ensure training plans and programs are kept up to date.
- 10+ years of experience in a talent development and training capacity experience in a large, high-growth organization preferred.
- 5+ years work experience of direct people management.
- Experience building a robust leadership training program for a large organization from its infancy.
- Thorough understanding of adult learning theory and how it can be appropriately applied in a variety of learning environments.
- Strong communication and listening skills; ability to connect and influence actions and outcomes with employees at all levels in the organization.
- Requires extensive knowledge of all aspects of the training and development function to create, curate and deploy talent development strategies and plans.
- Certification in or heavy familiarity with the Blanchard training modules a strong plus.
- Experience with the WorkRamp LMS a plus.
What We Offer
- Free medical, dental and vision for employees
- Employer-sponsored short-term disability plan
- 401K with generous match
- Maternity/paternity leave pay
- Comprehensive employee assistant plan
- Life and AD&D
- Additional voluntary benefits:
- Medical flexible spending account
- Dependent flexible spending account
- Long-term disability
- Hospital indemnity & accident plan
- Commuter benefits
- Weekly live wellness courses curated for and exclusive to Aya
- Online physical and wellness classes:
- Employer match for employee giving and/or volunteer time