Provide technical advice and guidance as the subject matter expert for production engineering, for conventional and unconventional oil and gas resources. Apply engineering expertise to review complex production operations issues and recommend remediation practices or procedures. Perform and direct major engineering projects and technical services requiring original or unusual analysis and solution. May coordinate or collaborate with other engineers.
Preferred experience includes well completion design, sand control, scale mitigation, artificial lift, gas production optimization, and water management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Initiate, develop, and coordinate study / analysis to recommend solutions for improving operating efficiency, increasing recovery, or reducing cost. Present recommendations in a formal report to management and operations partner.
- Serve as consultant to participate in project technical reviews and assess proposals for new or changed operating procedures to ensure efficient and economic operations.
- Based on experience in North America, identify operational best practices relevant to Saudi Aramco.
- Conduct technology scouting, collaborate with operations partners in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for field test or implementation pilot, analyze subsequent results as needed.
- Represent ASC and Saudi Aramco in dealings with technology vendors, service providers, outside consultants, etc. within his/her area of expertise.
- Keep current on latest innovation and participate in technical societies of his/her area of expertise; represent ASC and Saudi Aramco on industry committees or specialized groups as appropriate.
- Perform other duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience
- B.S. in Petroleum, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering; M.S or PhD is desirable, but not required
- Typically has at least ten (10) years of relevant experience, including at least five (5) years in production operations
- Preferred experience includes well completion design, sand control, scale mitigation, artificial lift, gas production optimization, and water management.
- Operational / field experience in high H2S environment, hydraulic fracturing and acidizing is desirable.
- Familiar with oil and gas software applications (e.g. Resfrac, GOHFER, Petrel, SandCade, FracCADE, PIPESIM)
- Must be able to prepare technical reports and briefs; present to management and operations partners
- Must possess good work ethic, and be able to adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend accurately, clearly and concisely in English
NO THIRD PARTY CANDIDATES ACCEPTED
Powered by JazzHR