Our Pharmacy group focuses on providing exceptional customer service and meeting the pharmacy needs for hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, long-term acute care hospitals, and other specialized care centers nationwide. If your passion is service excellence and top-quality care come join our team and apply today!
- Evaluates physician medication orders for appropriateness of drug, dosage, potential interactions, and route of administration. Makes recommendations for therapy changes to the physician and facility staff as appropriate
- Maintains patient/resident database to include appropriate current and past medical history, appropriate clinical and laboratory data, and concurrent medication (including over-the-counter and home remedies)
- Ensures that appropriate laboratory tests for monitoring certain high-risk conditions are ordered, evaluated and discussed with appropriate members of the healthcare team
- Collaborates with the healthcare team to provide clinical and technical support as needed
- Documents all communication with physicians, nurses, other members of the healthcare team and patients/residents and their family members in the medical record
- Implements policies and procedures for the safe procurement, storage, distribution and use of drugs and biologicals, as well as disposal of drugs
- Obtains, as necessary, and maintains all required documentation in accordance with federal and state regulatory agencies and policy
- Informs the Pharmacy Manager of medication related errors
- Assists facility/agency staff personnel with procedures relating to safe and effective methods of procuring, maintaining, administering and disposing of drugs
- Performs other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy; Pharm D preferred
- One year experience in long-term care
- Licenses/Certifications: As required by government regulations and business needs
- Detail oriented; goal oriented, team player, oral communication
PharMerica is a full-service pharmacy solution providing value beyond medication. PharMerica is the long-term care pharmacy services provider of choice for senior living communities, skilled nursing facilities, public health organizations and post-acute care organizations. PharMerica isone of the nation'slargest pharmacy companies. PharMerica offers unmatched employee development, exceptional company culture, seemingly endless opportunities for advancement and the highest hiring goals in decades. For more information about PharMerica, please visitwww.pharmerica.com. Follow us onFacebook,Twitter, and LinkedIn.