Who we are: BAL is a team of brilliant people who change lives through elite immigration work and collaborative innovation. We pursue the exceptional in all that we do, but never at the expense of our values. There’s no denying our work is demanding, both in volume and pace, but we’re up for the challenge. We love the balance of hard work and fun – so, you’ll see us in jeans as we shatter glass ceilings and conventional stereotypes. BAL employees feel valued, rewarded, and respected. We seek opportunities to be of service to others and our communities. We are committed to your growth and development, and want to set you up for success here at BAL and beyond.
Who you are: You are looking for work that has purpose. You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done. You learn quickly. You move fast. You embrace challenge and detail as well as creative thinking. You believe you have something unique to contribute and you aren’t afraid to raise your hand. You understand that powering human achievement is ultimately about impacting a real person. You are looking for a place to grow and an environment where everyone has a spot and is genuinely welcome.
We’re better together: A bright, driven person like you and an industry-leading powerhouse like BAL? It’s a perfect combination! We truly want to see you succeed here and become an integral part of our mission to provide an experience that makes a positive difference in people’s lives. Come be a part of something special, where you can have an impact and be valued just for being you!
This person in this role is responsible for assisting staff in general office duties between office floors. Maintains the inventory of office supplies and proper operation of equipment. Ensures the order and cleanliness of the common areas.
Serves as a primary or backup for general Facilities duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for daily sorting and distribution of mail, overnight deliveries, and any packages to the appropriate party, may be required to log packages.
- Maintains current knowledge base of internal protocols, procedures & policies (e.g. mail cut-off times for services).
- Performs basic equipment troubleshooting for office equipment.
- Performs basic programming of office equipment (i.e. adding names to scanner/copier machine, etc).
- Maintains current knowledge base of external protocols, procedures & policies for various couriers, messengers, etc. (i.e. Fed Ex, USPS, etc.).
- Creates, assists, and/or coordinates shipping packages, including completing necessary forms, etc. for different couriers, messengers, etc.
- Assists with file storage and retrieval from an off-site storage facility, including maintaining proper records.
- Ensures proper disposal of documents, goods, etc.
- Provides recommendations to improve the operations and efficiency of the department.
- May create and/or maintain documents, checklists, and Intranet content.
- May generate reports and maintain lists/logs.
- May review invoices and updates tracking sheets; may assist or directly resolve vendor issues.
- May maintain and update the Facilities calendar.
- Various other assigned duties and tasks by the Facilities Supervisor.
- Maintains proper inventory of supplies & equipment for shipping, copiers, printers, etc.; communicates to the Facilities Supervisor and the team if any items need to be ordered or discontinued, etc.
- Maintains order and cleanliness of common areas (i.e. kitchen, refrigerator, dishwasher, copy/mail rooms, reception areas, closets, etc.) and order and fill supplies when needed.
- Setup and/or breakdown of workstations, including proper cleaning.
- Assists internal staff with facilities-related issues.
- Works with the building and/or vendors to address issues and concerns; ensures timely resolution; communicates effectively to the Facilities Supervisor and other parties involved.
- Performs receptionist duties (i.e. to answer and direct telephone calls) when needed.
- Assists with special events and guests (i.e. catering orders, vendors, etc.).
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated team player and a positive professional attitude.
- General office knowledge, including clerical and general computer skills, such as Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.).
- Good English verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to lift 25lbs.
- 2 years’ experience in a general office setting.
Minimum Education Level:
- High School Diploma.